When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen submariner SS bracelet on a BK WM9 V3 sub

R_Squared

Check the rolex section, Watcher posted his WM9 with gen bracelet, although a V1 if i remember correctly. The bracelet will compliment the watch.

Thanks slick. Just saw the post from watcher here -> but the WM9 case is a V2. The OEM SEL still didn't sit right within the lugs of the WM9 V2 case. There is still a small visible gap, which I am hoping does not show in the V3 case.

THe bracelet will fit perfectly well on your V3 case. It fitted better on my V2 than the close up picture suggested. :rolleyes:

Sorry but I have to disagree. I have a gen sub myself (plus a couple others that I have sold) and that OEM bracelet do not sit right in the lugs. You can still see the gaps. :rolleyes:

Not as bad as the ones I have seen on a couple of WM9's I have had in the past, but I was hoping for better.

I guess I had a good one. They are rep cases and not made to the same tolerances as a gen rolex and they do vary on gens too. Around 20 Gen Subs pass through my hands a year and they are not always perfect either. You will get a rep close to a gen model but it will always fall short one way or another which is the main reason I no longer own a rep of any kind as this bothere me more and more as time goes by. Enjoy it for what it is or it will annoy you for ever!! :victory:

I guess I had a good one. They are rep cases and not made to the same tolerances as a gen rolex and they do vary on gens too. Around 20 Gen Subs pass through my hands a year and they are not always perfect either. You will get a rep close to a gen model but it will always fall short one way or another which is the main reason I no longer own a rep of any kind as this bothere me more and more as time goes by. Enjoy it for what it is or it will annoy you for ever!! :victory:

I have been a rolex fan for ages. Started this obsession long ago when my dad gifted me an old style two tone rolex datejust which he got when he landed his first decent job.

Please don't get me wrong though. I think you have a very decent franken sub. I have been looking for a nice rep rolex sub for a long time (to tinker with and experiment on but not to wear it as I have enough gen rolexes). I thought I found it in the WM9 subs until I saw the SEL's. And it has bothered me ever since. The best SEL fitment I have ever achieved with a rolex rep was via the older MBW/WM9 V1 cases. I still have the LV version but sold the MBW/WM9 V1 black sub. The old MBW cased rolex reps also had very good SEL fitment but suffers from other flaws that MBW/WM9 V1 cases didn't have.

Have to agree with watcher, own two of the TT wm9 v3 based subs, and they both differ on quite a large number of aspects. Bezel feels different when turned, the finisch of the crown guards differs, also the end-link/lugs differ just to name a few.

If we didn't have to deal with the WM9 bracelets and just use a nato strap, I bet it would look great.

Yes the rep SELs will never be 100% perfect.

Here's my gen 16710.

3.jpg

My WM9 v2 with v1 SELs.

2-1.jpg

Not perfect. The correct recess is there but the fit is only like 95%.

Personally, I'm extremely happy with my WM9. I will never, ever part with it. It's an amazing Sub replication and I doubt they will ever top it.

But if this is not good enough, then the reps are not for you. Not saying this in hostile manner at all... just a friendly advice.

Yes the rep SELs will never be 100% perfect.

Here's my gen 16710.

3.jpg

My WM9 v2 with v1 SELs.

2-1.jpg

Not perfect. The correct recess is there but the fit is only like 95%.

Personally, I'm extremely happy with my WM9. I will never, ever part with it. It's an amazing Sub replication and I doubt they will ever top it.

But if this is not good enough, then the reps are not for you. Not saying this in hostile manner at all... just a friendly advice.

I hear you by-tor. Reps are reps, some are great but most are just not up to par with the gens and hence the huge price disparity. I have owned many of the WM9 subs from V1 to V2 but not the V3. Same goes for the noobmariners, TWB's, old cartel and MBK/MBW/Euromariners V1 - V4.

Some flaws I can live with especially the imperceptibles ones but not the glaring ones from my viewpoint. I am not an overly picky rep collector, but I do have high expectations for my reps given that I have/owned many many high end gens. What I focus on are flaws that can be seen with the unaided eye on the wrist from a foot away. If I can still see it while on your wrist, then its no go for me.

I have done exactly the same thing like your WM9 v2 with a v1 bracelet - love it. Same tight fitting SEL's that I do not see/get on a WM9 V3. And that bugs the heck out of me. If I can that SEL fitment on the WM9 V3, I will be estatic as that is about as gen as the WM9 subs are going to get. I won't even be bothered with gen inserts, dial, crystal or hands as the WM9 components are good enough. Coupled with BK's good mods on it (clarks crystal & gen-like crown), you have a super rep sub that even the less experienced AD staff will find it hard to identify.

I totally agree... miniscule dial flaws wouldn't bother me. SELs are much more important. SELs was one of the biggest issues why I wanted a gen Steelfish. The rep SELs look all wrong... and that's the exact reason why I adore the Skyland v2. It has PERFECT SELs... 100% like the gen... shape, recess, angle, etc. Skyland and Fish both have very characteristic "recessed" SELs.

Very, very important detail on watches for me. Different priorities for different people I guess.

Rep Skyland.

5a.jpg

Gen Fish.

1.jpg

I totally agree... miniscule dial flaws wouldn't bother me. SELs are much more important. SELs was one of the biggest issues why I wanted a gen Steelfish. The rep SELs look all wrong... and that's the exact reason why I adore the Skyland v2. It has PERFECT SELs... 100% like the gen... shape, recess, angle, etc. Skyland and Fish both have very characteristic "recessed" SELs.

Very, very important detail on watches for me. Different priorities for different people I guess.

Rep Skyland.

5a.jpg

Gen Fish.

1.jpg

Me as well. SEL fitment issues are big and visible flaws IMO. You can either choose to ignore it or live with it and pretend it doesn't exist. Well, I don't. If its there I will try to address it but never ignore it.

That is a very nice rep skyland. Had one before but I sold it last year b/c I wasn't wearing it. SEL fitments on reps is hit & miss. Because the rep factories rejects much less flawed parts for costs reasons, there are much more variability compared to gen parts. This will in turn push down manufacturing costs but the quality will be much lower. That means what you get is actually a luck of the draw ... Another reason why I chose to rebuild/enhance many of the reps I get.

Edited by R_Squared