When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Case Back on Ofrei's

ianGP

The rep clasp usually looks pretty good and I may yet go down the gen bracelet route. I will see how well it all turns out first!

OMG watcher! wow! That's an extensive list! Going all out huh? lol that's awesome!! I'll eventually get there.. I figured I'd get the core stuff first then I'll get into the SEL's and caseback, etc.

But since you've got most of everything, why don't you add this to your shopping list:

http://www.ofrei.com/page666.html#17252

$146.50

OME-117ST1579951

It's *just* the clasp with the engraving.. I don't think it comes with the slider and what not. That def. completes the 'Look' !!

btw pm replied ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the rest of the band is ok and close enough but you will see a big difference in the sel's!

My watch is on hold now until the crystal comes in at Cousins, they are back ordered! and also at Ofrei too!! :thumbdown::thumbdown: I think you got the last one ianGP!!

it looks more transparent but it's got a bit of blue if you shine light at just the right angle.... is the new transparent AR supposed to be completely transparent? did they mention if they were two different part#'s ? now i'm curious which one i got! lol When I talked to Ofrei, they sounded like this was the only crystal for that particular case# and didn't mention other options

My crystal arrives tomorrow but as far as I can see the new omega ar coatings do not have blue hue/tint at all.

The liquidmetal has the new coating but the whole range will have it eventually.

UPDATE:The crystal arrived today and luckily it is the blue one. I just love the blue with the orange bezel combo! Just wish the watch would hurry up and arrive from PT!:victory:

any idea where andreww? Curious to see how it fits/looks

btw, I modded my own UPO :):) Installed crystal, hands, dial, and correct DW. AND it's my first time ever going past opening a caseback lol I just had a lot of patience. I put the hands on and off several times because I couldn't get it positioned quite right to where the date turns at midnight... i got close though! 11:58 :)

Not very many pictures but here's a few with my new DSSD:

DSSD003.jpg

DSSD005.jpg

And lume shot:

DSSD008.jpg

Not yet! I'm goin to try and tackle that sometime this weekend.... Any tips on how to remove the tube? At least a list of 'what not to do' ? lol

I also gotta find me a silicon grease and some type of marine epoxy to waterproof this baby - any specific product recommendations?

I think most guys use a narrow file and push into the tube and twist and with a bit of luck it will come out without much hassle. Not got my watch yet(long story!) so cannot say for sure. I use Permatex Cold Weld bonding compound for fixing things like tubes but other strong adhesives will work too.

Ofrei have informed me that my caseback is on order but not sure when it will arrive. Did you fit the gen end links too?

Here is a pic of my parts list so far!

Spare UPO bracelet with gen end links fitted

Gen Bezel Assembly(not sure yet about fitting options)

Gen dial

Gen Hands

Gen Gasket

Gen Crystal

Gen Crown

Gen Tube

Gen DW

007-2-1.jpg

I believe the the tube is pressed in just like the 42mm version. To remove it you need to get a fairly small rat-tailed file to stick inside the tub. You then press the file into the tube twisting as you go until you get it in there nice and tight, then start twisting and pulling out. You'll have it out of there fairly quickly. Make sure to tape off the rest of the case to prevent any scratches.

If I am wrong on the construction, I am sure somebody will correct me...

ah gotcha! K, I'll keep you guys updated if i manage to get some time to do it this weekend!

btw, what's the part # for that green thingy for the crystal?? I never got that :(

Would I need to grease that up too?

So far what I'm thinking to waterproof:

seal the HE valve with epoxy

grease caseback rubber O-ring gasket

grease crown rubber 0-ring gasket

did I miss anything? (besides the green thingy for the crystal)

Btw, watcher - all the parts are looking mighty good!! I had it all lined up like that too when I was waiting for my UPO lol!

And no, I never bought the endlinks.... I figure I'll do that later...Mine's fitted with the rubber strap for now anyway :)

PS... can't wait for your caseback to arrive!!