When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 GWSD

dbutlerman

I had just finished putting my MBK 1665 DRSD together when I was offered an MBK GWSD dial - so I got it. While it was enroute to me I decided to change out the WO flat top crystal for a Superdome from Clarks - when it arrived I found out that the Retaining ring was too large for the Clarks crystal, so I contact JMB and he machined me one that fits. I then assemble the MBK dial, upgrade the hands that I had one there (WO hands) with a set from Clarks and started assembling the rest of the works when I broke the Superdome crystal - BUGGER! So, I hunted around through my spare parts and found a temporary solution - It's a Clarks as well, I believe, but for either a Submariner or GMT - i.e. Flattop with a Cyclops - but everything else was perfect - crystal to case and retaining ring to crystal - so I assembled it all together and now have it back on my wrist! During the process I also purchased a WO bracelet and through it on. So, as of now, I how some sort of weird 1665/1675/1680 hybrid - I guess that'll have to work until I drop another $60 on another Superdome. Here's a quick iPhone pic:

1665hwsd.jpg

let me know what you think...

That's a cool looking version of the 1665. What did you do with the MBW hands that came on the watch? Are Clark's and WO better than the originals?

I tried to get a Clarks T-19 crystal on my MBW and it too cracked. Bummer. I've got a Gen T 39 non-superdome coming in thanks to a good friend on the board and fully expect this to improve the watch greatly.

Hi UT -

I bought and assembled the watch in pieces from several sellers. I never had the original MBW hands - I originally bought the WO hands but nobody seemed to care for them so I bought the Clarks hands on the recommendation of several friends on the board. They are actually designed for the Tudor, but Tudors use a very similar hand to that of the Rolex and Tudors use ETA movements so they mount right to my ETA movement...