When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex DSSD Asian Rolex Replica Movement or Swiss

prado

Hi Gurus,

I am looking to get a DSSD from Joshua with the 316F steel and corrected 10 - He has it two flavors - Asian Rolex Replica Movement & the other a generic swiss movement. Can anyone tell me which movement to go with and why. Are the swiss movement better...do they last longer? I've had asian movements and I've found that after regular usage and winding sometimes it seems to skip gears etc..however in my genuine watches (omega seamaster 007 and Brietling B2) the winding is smooth and crisp..never skips..would the swiss movement be more like the genuine watches?

Thanks for your help..

Hi Gurus,

I am looking to get a DSSD from Joshua with the 316F steel and corrected 10 - He has it two flavors - Asian Rolex Replica Movement & the other a generic swiss movement. Can anyone tell me which movement to go with and why. Are the swiss movement better...do they last longer? I've had asian movements and I've found that after regular usage and winding sometimes it seems to skip gears etc..however in my genuine watches (omega seamaster 007 and Brietling B2) the winding is smooth and crisp..never skips..would the swiss movement be more like the genuine watches?

Thanks for your help..

Personally, I would stick with the Swiss movement or an asian 2836. I believe that there have been quite a lot of problems with the Rolex replica movenment.I've never had one so i can't say from personal experience. most of the dealers are selling them at a premium, and they aren't worth paying extra for. If you open the back, anyone who is knowledgable about Rolex movements will not be fooled by the Rolex "clone". Another factor, any decent watchsmith can fix an ETA movement and the parts are available (At least for now, but who knows for how long) On the other hand with the Rolex Clone, parts may be difficult to source, and watchmakers aren't going to be interested in trying to repair a watch that parts are not readily available for.

Personally, I would stick with the Swiss movement or an asian 2836. I believe that there have been quite a lot of problems with the Rolex replica movenment.I've never had one so i can't say from personal experience. most of the dealers are selling them at a premium, and they aren't worth paying extra for. If you open the back, anyone who is knowledgable about Rolex movements will not be fooled by the Rolex "clone". Another factor, any decent watchsmith can fix an ETA movement and the parts are available (At least for now, but who knows for how long) On the other hand with the Rolex Clone, parts may be difficult to source, and watchmakers aren't going to be interested in trying to repair a watch that parts are not readily available for.

well said. I agree

I bought a DSSD with asian 2836 and its been fine so far. I'd stay away from the Rolex look a like movements.

I see a consensus here. :) Personally, I never saw the need to go with something that was tweaked when good solid engines were available. I have both ETA and clone and both work just fine for me. I have yet to take my watch off and show someone what the movement looks like. :pardon:

I see a consensus here. :) Personally, I never saw the need to go with something that was tweaked when good solid engines were available. I have both ETA and clone and both work just fine for me. I have yet to take my watch off and show someone what the movement looks like. :pardon:

Would you consider the Swiss to be worth the extra buck? (For instance Trevors ultimate DSSD with Swiss ETA 2836 @ $260 versus the Asian 2836 @ $225.) And will I actually get a Swiss ETA 2836?

Cheers, Xplodr

Edit: 2 posts in 2½ years. See you next year guys...

Edited by Exploder

Would you consider the Swiss to be worth the extra buck? (For instance Trevors ultimate DSSD with Swiss ETA 2836 @ $260 versus the Asian 2836 @ $225.) And will I actually get a Swiss ETA 2836?

Cheers, Xplodr

Edit: 2 posts in 2

Congrats on your annual post!! At any rate, I would bet that the "Swiss" ETA's are not serviced inspected and sealed in the little Black and Silver foil packets when they get to the manufacturer.Figure that both the Swiss and clone ETA's are going to be dry and dirty so, having said that I would buy whichever you are comfortable with and factor in a service (Clean,lube and regulate) into the price.

Very well put 153! Read my take on the clones here. The Rolex clone is nothing more than a decorated ETA clone. There are only 2 things that can cause problems. The extra bridge they added to create the 'single bridge'look. The screw holding it can come loose and cause problems. Some lock-tight solves this issue. Also the cap they simply glued on the rotor screw can fall off. Securing it with some gorilla glue also solves this issue. Other than that it's a very reliable movement and up to par with the ETA after servicing.