When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Caught the bug

Ektelon

Hi all,

Since joining this forum, researching, and then buying, I have caught the bug. I have purchased an IWC St. Exupery, a TAG, and have an Ebel on order. What suggestions for future watches do you have? What purchases have you been happiest with?

I am just curious as I am now like a kid in a candy store.

Hi...My name is R-

I am a horologic...

My story is similar to many here - I've learned to take full responsibility for my addiction...

What to buy next?!...sorry - I can't be party to your demise...

I have my own issues...

R-

Hi...My name is R-

I am a horologic...

My story is similar to many here - I've learned to take full responsibility for my addiction...

What to buy next?!...sorry - I can't be party to your demise...

I have my own issues...

R-

Dont listen to R - hes cccaaarrraaaaaazzzyyyyy! :bangin: But we dont tell him!

There are plenty of great watches out there:

Modded/franken SA

Modded V1 HBB

IWC AT (or any other franken IWC)

Franken UPO

One of a kind vintage PAM?

So many! Just go nuts.....and enjoy! :good:

FxrAndy: I have purchased those watches over the last two months. It wasn't that I had tremendous willpower, I was just researching. This forum has incredible information and is fun to read.

It seems like I am not the only one that has this problem. jmb's, hackRs, and OSRep's comments had me laughing out loud at my desk here in my office. I am looking into the Brietlings and I love the IWCs. Not a big fan of the PAMs.

Is the Brietling BCE a good rep?

"i'm not a big fan of PAM's" either - I only have 4 or 5 and 2 more on the way, but I am going to sell one of them to prove that "I'm not a big fan".

Of course it took me years to go from beer and pot to crack and heroin, but I can stop anytime; but why would I do that when my drug habits are way cheaper than my watch addiction.

And after a couple Breitlings, and a couple vintage rollies, you'll NEED a PP, an Omega or two, and a Chopard, and ......................

Good luck.

I like Pams, but I have two (one 44mm and one 47mm), I'm done. If you care about what movement beating in your watches, Pam is one way you can get a 6497/6498 movement.

Breitling BCE is nice, especially a modded one with gen dial. Just make sure you get the v2 + corrected dw from the dealer. IMHO, it's the best of the bunches.

I wear my Breitling SA Blacksteel a lot lately. It's pretty happy with that. My Skyland on ss bracelet is not bad either. If you are into pilot watches, I like the IWC 3717.

IMG_2212c.jpg

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

We tried to warn ya, didn't we, but you just hadda go and stick around and now you are trapped! :Jumpy: It's nice having company... :rofl:

If you want a Rollie that usually doesn't get picked apart a simple dialed Datejust would work nicely and if you like abuse and nit-picking get a Sub...

Welcome to poverty is right. I am actually considering a PAM. How often do people typically buy these watches? I am on about a one a month pace.

When I firt arrived here I was buying a rep ever 4-6 weeks. But now I have learned to pace myself. I now like to wait at least 4 months between purchaces. The watch bug can be a nasty MF. Now Im concentrating on servicing my movements and working on my strap collection. It's a great hobby, there Is always something you can buy,work on, trade with other members, a lot of fun :drinks: Mike (ps) Pam 250 Is what got me hooked,love those Pams :thumbsupsmileyanim: