When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Dial

vlydog

dial feet are usually soft soldered on the dial, its easy to "break" them while moving them hold between your fingers.

When removed, you can use -carefully- a dremel with a silicon polishing bit to remose the solder and get a perfect flat surface on the dial back face

Be careful trying to bend and snap them off. I left a nice little dimple on the face side of an otherwise perfect Datejust dial last time I did that. I'll be clipping them off and dremeling the nub from now on.

right.

I talk to fast, there is a risk doing like I wrote with a good quality dial. I did this only with bad quality feet assembly from rep dials, they break wery easy and fast

ETA Dials do have specific dial feet locations that a specific to ETAs. On my 1665 I am using an MBK dial that had Gen Rolex feet positions, I snipped them off and just used dial dots to hold the dial down. I didn't like the idea at first, but after some trial and error - they work just fine. You just have to stack them on top of each other to get the correct height for datewheel clearance.

I have on occasion cold weld dial feet back into position.

You really don't need to make any templates, etc. You just need some Bergeon feet and steady hands. Position the feet in the movement, place a small dab of JB weld on each feet. Center the dial on the movement, hold until cement sets.

Don't worry if the feet position isn't 100% accurate, remember that the feet bend with ease.

But that being said, using adhesive dial strips are much easier, but the dial can sometimes shift a little.