When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Have A Good Online Eta Source?

lionsandtigers

But it might be better to just get your existing movement serviced. A good servicing from someone like The Zigmeister will set your movement straight plus you know that it's good for at least 3 more years. The cost of the new movement is probably at least that of a service...just a thought.

Yea but what I am saying is its just somethings out of place... its no big deal take it or send it to someone to fix it, I just dont think buying a whole new mov because the keyless works is out is the best solution.

If you do get a new one I suppose I would be willing tto take the other broken POS one.... wont even charge ya :p

Lionsandtigers,

It takes a bit of effort to change the datewheel but I did it and I am a beginner. A good source for new ETA's are plenty for around 80 EUR. You can exchange the datewheel... I did. Yes its wider because it is adjusted for the Rolex. But it certainly fits and works of course. You logically have to get the day wheel of the new movement and just replace the datewheel.

While you are at it - you might want to change the movement to the slower one. I think that ubi does that. Can't remember...

Indeed. Might as well take the opportunity to swap to the 2846; this one beats at 21600bph, which is closer to the genuine 1570's 19600 anyways. This corrects the sweep of the seconds hand, as one of the visible characteristics of the slow beat vintage movements is the slow, staggering seconds hand...

121995-21399.jpg

121995-21400.jpg

Ofrei has the 2846 that Ubi uses if you want to go that route. If you can figure what part of the keyless works works is busted I have several 28xx parts movements and will send you a replacement part gratis if I have what you need. I've worked on, I mean busted, a few of these movements over the years.