When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stain + Cape Cod?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

After only a few days of my ownership my beautiful Sub got stained! I have no idea what could have caused this but I think it appeared after a pool work so there is a chance it was caused by chlorine or ph-lowering acid.

It is a permanent stain that looks like this:

1010101w.jpg

And now my question is - what would you recommend to get rid of it? Do you think Cape Cod cloth will do the trick? I have never used Cape Cod and have my first few cloths on the way right now.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!!

yep. Thats an easy fix. Cape cod will do it, you'll notice some fine swirl/haze afterwards, but overall its a good product.

For real serious luster, a bench grinder with polishing wheels like highhoey said, or I use a good high speed dremel with polishing wheels and stainless polishing compound.

If your Sub has a good quality case built from a machined solid stainless steel your should'nt have any trouble.

If it is a cheap rep from a scammer website probably the case is made from pot metal or cast alloy with a coat looking lke a kind of SS.

To fix this electro platting the pot metal is covered with a cooper layer.

It means, in such case, putting cap cod will remove the faux SS coat and make your case turning yellow.

With harsh chemicals... its more or less stain resistant not stain proof. Different grades are more or less resistant and will withstand different chemicals and such.

I actually meant that as a tongue in cheek type question, like "Why don't Conservatives conserve?"

I actually meant that as a tongue in cheek type question, like "Why don't Conservatives conserve?"

LOL I kind of figured. And for your second question they conserve only in specific cases though lol. 'Conservatives' in general want "smaller" government presence where as 'Liberals' favor "larger" government presence. As for those who conserve they are called conservationists lol.

Sql_pl,

Just flying over limited and basic brains considerations, make a scratch inside the case -or any place you don't mind- and observe if it goes yellowing,

Normally, solid SS 316 reference doesn't produce what we see on your pic.

And stop Cap Cod lick bottom considerations, a basic polishing paste from the nearly supermarket will do the job :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That's what conservatives want you to believe. Not necessarily the truth though.

I really believe that is what the vast majority of those who are genuinely conservatives want... Now I know they don't behave that way and I believe it has something to do with the people that are coming into the majority (talking about age range of people).

Back in the day... (strange for me to say this because I am not old lol) a business owner would sit down with and talk with a consumer who was having problems or issues. It has changed greatly and most likely you will talk with someone who could care less about your issues or problems now regardless of where you call or who you call. This is because people are out to chase the dollar. Money is what is running peoples lives. Left and Right both are out to collect votes to stay in power and collect large amounts of money while not caring at all about the people who put them there. this is what it has become and rather you put someone from the left or the right in you are going to get the same. The only difference is going to be what they are collecting money for and what they are going to direct the left over funds to. A large part of why this is the way it is has to do with the kind of people around now.

I really believe that is what the vast majority of those who are genuinely conservatives want... Now I know they don't behave that way and I believe it has something to do with the people that are coming into the majority (talking about age range of people).

Back in the day... (strange for me to say this because I am not old lol) a business owner would sit down with and talk with a consumer who was having problems or issues. It has changed greatly and most likely you will talk with someone who could care less about your issues or problems now regardless of where you call or who you call. This is because people are out to chase the dollar. Money is what is running peoples lives. Left and Right both are out to collect votes to stay in power and collect large amounts of money while not caring at all about the people who put them there. this is what it has become and rather you put someone from the left or the right in you are going to get the same. The only difference is going to be what they are collecting money for and what they are going to direct the left over funds to. A large part of why this is the way it is has to do with the kind of people around now.

Choose Conservative: :euro:

Choose Liberal: :partytime:

New World Order chooses you... :ph34r:

:lol: