When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am i getting too critical

Cats

I'm enjoying my GMT Transformer with the gen corwn and tube every day.

But someting was different before i had it changed but i could put my finger on it.

The issue is that after the installation of the crown and tube the case clamb screw broke and had to be fixed.

dialalingmentGMTII.jpg

The dial isn't completely centered in the case and it might be getting too critical but it bothers and annoys me.

The dial has to be turned anti clock wise a little and maybe shifted a little to the 10 o 'clock position.

If have the right Bergeon case opener and screw drivers and some common sence.

Is to centering an easy fix or should i send it to out again to some one who has more experience with these fixes ??

Thanks for your advise

Carpe Diem

Cats

I totally understand, by adding gen parts to a watch, you are looking to improve the watch. Therefore if you see flaws popping up after gen installations, i'd be critical myself and would seek to rectify the problem.

but that is the beauty of the rep world if you want to seek a positive out of this. Repairing things to YOUR liking is much cheaper than repairing a gen watch for things as you mentioned.

good luck :)

With the case back opener- 29.5mm size, a screwdriver and a spare case clamp, it should be an easy fix. You shouldn't even have to remove the crown and stem, just remove the case back and install the new case clamp- hopefully you still have the screw, check to make sure the dial is centered and tight in the case and close it back up. Oh, you might want to loosen up the other case clamp and then tighten them both up once the dial is centered. It's an easy fix if you have a spare case clamp.

Cats, I know how you feel. My eyes are so sensitive to these things. I returned the yuki 7922 because the crown was crooked, it was very slight but I could see it and it was niggling at me. I thought I could live with it but in the end I couldnt so I returned it to Yuki. I have had dials which are slightly off and I can spend hours getting it straight due to dial dots and placement in their respected cases. So with that said, it is not difficult to straighten the dial. From my limited experience, I would remove the case back and loosen the screws and use the crown stem to move the dial to align in the case. Good luck!

Thanks guy for the quick response.

@ Alligoat all the case clambs and screws are in place. The watchsmith repaired it but didn't notice that it isn't completely centered in the case.

One little question after i slightly unscrewed the case clamb screws i can move the total movement in the case ( with a tooth pick i assume ) but to get a visual check if it's

centered a have to flip the watch head. Doesn't that move cuase shifting of the movement again ??

Carpe Diem

Cats

There is not much that you can do if the dial feet are on and in position. The dial feet attach the dial to the movement...precisely. It can't be altered unless one removes that feet and attaches the dial in some other method, i.e. glue or dial dots. (Even then, you must align the date window with the stem. Turning it will put the date wheel out of align with the date window.)

Then when you case the movement the stem can only come out through the case drilling for the tube. When the crown is screwed down everything is locked in place. Sometimes, on our reps the drilling for the case tube is not centered between the lugs. I have an MBK case that is off center just a fraction of a mm.

I don't understand it becoming misaligned just because you had the crown set changed.

Edited by preacher62

Opened the case and tried to move and turn the movement a little.

But there is not much room for re alignment.

Can't do it better then shown below.

betteraligneddial.jpg

betteraligmentofdial2.jpg

oepsbeautywristy.jpg

Not bad i think but still the movement needs to be shifted toward the 6 o'clock position a little.

I also have the impression that movement isn't sitting in the center of the case it needs to be shifted towards the 9 o'clock position.

I'll wear it for a while and shee if a canget used to it.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Opened the case and tried to move and turn the movement a little.

But there is not much room for re alignment.

Can't do it better then shown below.

betteraligmentofdial2.jpg

Not bad i think but still the movement needs to be shifted toward the 6 o'clock position a little.

I also have the impression that movement isn't sitting in the center of the case it needs to be shifted towards the 9 o'clock position.

Looking at this particular pic i'd say it needs couple degrees of rotation clockwise. The bezel is aligned to the 12 a clock dial marker, but the bezel is not centered.

@ Slickdick , i agree the dial needs to be rotated 1 or 2 degrees clockwise.

I managed to get the dial centered now and also rotated it clockwise.

Don't get fooled by thew insert cuase the 12 o'clock marker is mis aligned.

I'll try to shoot some new pics tomorrow

Carpe Diem

Cats

O is there no click i didn't notice that :rolleyes:

What i mean is that if you take a close look at the printing of bezel insert the 24 hour marker and the 12 o clock market don't line up.

Like Redwatch also noticed.

A new insert will give a total different look i think.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Does the bezel click? i was under impression the transformer has the wired spring bezel for easy popping, instead of the standard noob spring loaden pin. Like to know if this is the case or not.

Agreed the insert is skewed, however my point being the dial is more alinged with the insert vs the true north and site poles of the case.

My transformer doesn't have the click but the hexa spring , for easy chancing of the bezels. ( remark was a joke )

The dial was indeed not aligned but i fixed the north south issue it's compleet straight now.

Changed it to my Pespi insert and i'm happy again.

New Pespi is on it's way if that a good one i also will order a black one.

Thanks for the help all you guys.

Carpe Diem

Cats

:animal_rooster: Mr. Cats - serious ....

i think you are ready to get the gen ;)....

or just enjoy the watch and ignore the little flaws :)

just leave the watch like it is - the Noob-GMT is just not an 1:1 construction like the WM9s -

no matter how much $$ you spent - it will not be 100% perfect :rolleyes:

cheers,

Frank

Frank you are right.

Lately i'm getting too critical about my reps and i'm thinking of getting rit of a few to finance a gen.

The dial is completely centered now and a new insert was brought to me today.

I'll put the Pepsi insert in the bezel and maybe i'll get the black insert as well replaced and then it's done

with thwe modding of this rep.

Carpe Diem

Cats