When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is It The Cheap Tool, Or Rep Case

TJGladeRaider

Hey Bill,

If you are using one of the cheap, made in India handlebar style Rolex openers you should sell it cheap with the disclaimer that it is a piece of crap!

I use an LG Openall case opener and it is absolutely the best opener to be had for the money IMHO. If you pair it up with the LG master wrench you can open nearly any watch case known to man. The Openall is about $70 bucks and comes with the rings to fit Rolex (and reps too). The Master wrench is about $50 bucks and has tips to fit almost any watch. I would buy the new 4 post case vise to go with the Openall too. For $125 bucks you will be able to open nearly any watch. Ofrei has all of these.

The fancy Swiss case openers are probably great too but hard to justify the $$$ unless you're a real watchmaker.

All above IMO for what it's worth.

The first opener I bought was one of the indian ones like Heywood was talking about and it was slightly to small and of pretty poor quality. While looking on ebay for a higher quality set I managed to pick up some old rolex propeller style openers for 50 bucks and they fit perfectly on all my reps. Just dont go too cheap and they should work.

I have a chronic problem opening Sub/SD cases with a cheap tool set I bought.

Before I go spend serious money on a better tool, does anyone know for sure if the good tools fit these rep cases? What size should it be?

If better tools fit right, can someone suggest a source?

Bill

Go up rte 41 to Ft Myers and see Birdman....He'll hook you up!!!..Kerry is A1!!!

On the way home, stop at Mels Diner.... :):):)

Bill

The one from Birdman is a correct fit model, as is the one supplied by Narikka.

Some of the stuff out of HK has dubious origins, and is as you say a tad too small. I had one like what you apparently have, and just put it back on the 'bay to get rid of it. :p

So all that glistens is not gold!

Offshore

Bill

The one from Birdman is a correct fit model, as is the one supplied by Narikka.

Some of the stuff out of HK has dubious origins, and is as you say a tad too small. I had one like what you apparently have, and just put it back on the 'bay to get rid of it. :p

So all that glistens is not gold!

Offshore

OK you guys -- sounds like everyone knows who Birdman is but me.

Can one of you guys e-mail me a bit more specific info?

TJGladeRaider@aol.com

Bill