When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Purists look away now...

TeeJay

That grey dial looks interesting, always nice to see a change of pace.

3-4 years ago I built this white sub

DSCN1874-cropped.jpg

The dial was from a replicafactory rep- one of my first purchases before I found these forums.

The watch has since been dismantled- the YM bezel is on a white dialed Invicta sub- a $100 beater.

I've thought about getting the white sub dial relumed but haven't got around to it.

When I get home Sunday evening, I'll see if I can't shoot a pic of the Invicta.

I just found this, and thought it was rather tasty. I then thought it might make a nice project to combine with a YM bezel :)

greysub.jpg

DSCN1874-cropped.jpg

The dial was from a replicafactory rep- one of my first purchases before I found these forums.

The watch has since been dismantled- the YM bezel is on a white dialed Invicta sub- a $100 beater.

I've thought about getting the white sub dial relumed but haven't got around to it.

Those are both pretty cool looking!

DSCN1874-cropped.jpg

That white Sub looks fantastic, the YM-style insert definitely makes the difference, and the 3D effect of the insert is definitely what gives the YM it's distinction from a Sub :) Seeing the white Sub definitely makes me think that the grey Sub with the YM insert might be worth a try :)

I like it TJ! I equate it to the tasty Project X customs.

Some variety is always good -my wife loves her Tudor I had redialed.

DSC_1484.jpg

I remember you showing the watch before, but I forget if pink was the original color of the dial... It's certainly a unique piece, and I sometimes feel with this hobby, it is the unique pieces which keep it a fun and interesting hobby :)

Those are both pretty cool looking!

They are indeed :tu:

I remember you showing the watch before, but I forget if pink was the original color of the dial... It's certainly a unique piece, and I sometimes feel with this hobby, it is the unique pieces which keep it a fun and interesting hobby :)

It was originally a silver dial -uneventful. The pink dial adds the pop -not to mention its my wife's favorite color.

It was originally a silver dial -uneventful. The pink dial adds the pop -not to mention its my wife's favorite color.

It works really well, and given all the text and markings would have had to be re-created, excellent re-finishing work :good:

Here you go Teejay- a couple of Invictas with YM bezels- both were retrofitted although Invicta does have a few watches w/ the YM bezel still around

P1010001.jpg

These are both $100 Divers- the gold one has the new Miyota 8216- which is an update of the 8215, I guess.

It's hard to find YM bezel inserts these days! I had to buy a $50 gold YM from Silix to take the insert off of it- tried to fit the coin edge bezel on also but couldn't make it work on the Invicta. The Invicta gold bezel reminds me of the noob bezel sort of- tough to get off and with the same three prong click ring on the bottom.