When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yellow Seawolf arrived

browngo1

So browngo1 what Is your opinion/impression of your new Breitling Seawolf?

Thanks for asking Maxman.

I'm over the moon with this one, especially as a short time ago I thought I'd missed the boat when it went out of production.

The dial is fantastic, although if you want to be completely anal about things, perhaps the 2 is very very slightly thicker than the other numbers? This might just be me.

The lume dots are fine, although they do seem very small (not sure if they are any bigger on the gen), but a big improvement on my Skyland, which has the dot at 4 partly off centre of the circle it should be in. The rest of the lume, 6, 9, 12 and the hands, looks fine too.

The bracelet has very sharp edges, as does the clasp, but nothing a very light rub with some emery won't sort. Not sure if it's because it's brushed and not polished like the Skyland, but the clasp seems much tighter and stiffer to open and close.

The bezel is ok and lines up properly and the crown feels solid with practically no play at all.

The date lines up in the centre of the window and is a modern looking font, although I'm aware it probably isn't correct. It is however, in keeping with the watch.

I haven't checked it for accuracy yet, but I think it is running slightly fast.

All in all, I'm really pleased with it and glad I eventually got one.

I might go for the black Ocean Racer strap further down the line, as I love the pics I've seen on here with the black and yellow combo.

Thanks for your thoughts browngo1. The bracelet on my UN maxie had basically the same Issues as your SW. I used a low grade paper to smooth the edges down then soaked It over night In mineral oil. The bracelet Is now perfect. I also agree that the OR strap will look awesome on this watch. Thats a great looking piece you have there,I wish you many years of enjoyment with your beautiful yellow SW :drinks: Mike

• 2 weeks later...

hey man, is that bezel off point on 00 or 12oClock or did you just have it notched one over? I have the same exact piece and mine does not sit well at 00/12. It's so small to notice it, but i notice it on mine and it drives me mad. If i go 1 click, its too far, i really need a half click and it would lay perfectly on 12. So to avoid me going insane, i just spin the bezel to whatever and that eliminates my worrying about it.

My bezel point looks to be bang on at 1200, and I love the brushed stainless band! I have seen a member post here a black band with yellow stitching that did look pretty awesome though.

Yes that black/yellow stiching strap Is quite nice. I think It was speedman with the strap in question,enjoy your SW :thumbsupsmileyanim: