When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tourbillon watch

mas6002mi

I have had 4 Tourbillon watches! FM and HBB...the service is the issue! No normal watch smith can do that for you! And they are VERY sensitive vs. hard(er) hits. One small bump which would not be an issue for any other watch/rep and may have an issue! I now only have a FM Tourbillon left, because of the issues I have had!

The known watchsmiths inside the forum, can not service the tourbillons?

I think some could, in ways of craftmanship, however problem most likely is with parts.

I have one tourby, the one from homer in the days... brandless. It still works perfectly after a few winding turns after almost 2 years. But truth be told i worn it only occasionally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, they are VERY sensitive. I dropped my Germasian Tourbillon ones, and it instantly died on me... Mine has a PST 3320 movement.

The seller said I could send it in for service, prepared the watch for shipment and asked a confirmation of the address. Haven't gotten a reply yet, maybe he is on vacation.

Hope to get it repaired. I presume repair means the movement will need to be replaced, as servicing is virtually impossible.

If there is anyone on the forum who can service it, and the seller is unable to get it fixed, I will sure try...

I got it on eBay for 150 euro, NEW in box, but I would love to get it working again. It was a very nice watch.

I am just curious for those who have owned a Tourby; if you had a chance to do it again, would you buy a Tourbillon watch considering the delicate mechanism and the difficulty of repairing such a watch?

I was previously fascinated by the design of these watches, but balked due to the relative high cost (compared to other reps) and how easily they can be damaged. I just couldn't talk myself into pulling the trigger earlier and I am not sure I can now after reading some of the experiences by Tourby owners. Thank you btw for your candid feedback.

Just wanted to know which one is the best out of the box...

which u wld recommend.

i do not know much about them, so need some help from the experts.

please throw in ur opinions whistling.gif

Mine is going to be for sale, soon ... 2 years old and still working like a "charm". I don't wear it often though.

Feel free to PM me if you're still interested (your post is 2 years old, though !!)

Cheers

Xel ;)

picture115v.jpg

I had two Chinese tourbillons (no reps) for many years and they still work like a charm and are keeping good time. When one fell down on a concrete floor one part in the movement broke and I had no problems getting the part from China and had my local watchsmiths fix it. If a wtachsmith says he cannot fix it it only means that he doesn't want to or is incapable in the first place. It is all inside the boundaries of regular watchsmith art. I bought them here: minorva.net. Forget about the prices you have to bargain and get around 30% off if you do it right.

-Alex

Edited by gasebah

I do like that AP of grans up there.... I just dont understand them enough to feel confident enough to wear one.... if I could find a good sized one... I was looking at the RD Easy Diver version but the rep is 6 centred whereas the gen is offset at 7... I than started looking at the KPs but again I couldnt get my head around the gen to rep details....

A friend of mine was invited a while back to an AD evening to present the release of IWC Tourbillons.... he had wanted a tourbillon for years but cost was always a barrier... however he said these were the cheapest new tourbillons he had come across.... under 30K as I recall...