When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How ( with what) to brush PAM Ti case?

sul

Plaifenders suggestion is ideal, however in a crunch an ink eraser works as well. Not a pencil eraser - ink/pen erasers tend to be grey, and are less pliable. You can find them at most stationary stores. Heres one example on amazon (only the grey end): http://www.amazon.com/Medium-Pencil-Non-Hazardous-Elastomer-Compound/dp/B001GXFKUA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1283948482&sr=1-3

Plaifenders suggestion is ideal, however in a crunch an ink eraser works as well. Not a pencil eraser - ink/pen erasers tend to be grey, and are less pliable. You can find them at most stationary stores. Heres one example on amazon (only the grey end): http://www.amazon.com/Medium-Pencil-Non-Hazardous-Elastomer-Compound/dp/B001GXFKUA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1283948482&sr=1-3

scotchbrite pad is also another subsitute for a refinishing pad... available at most grocery stores :) I imagine an ink eraser taking a lot longer to refinish an entire case..... although it might be sufficient for removing slight marks.. a metal pad of somesort is optimal....

Ok, that is interesting idea also :thumbsupsmileyanim: I try`d before a normal( soft) eraser already, it will remove tiny scratches perfectly from ceramic watch and will help make a smoother surface for Ti case, but in this case I

I find the 3M ScotchBrite pads work best, just make sure to go along with the current grain, brush in one direction, and it is best to secure the case and apply light pressure at first then progressively harder until you get the result you are looking for. Also make sure it is 3M, not cheap grocery store knock off pads (these are made of plastic fibres). Try both the Green and Maroon versions.

IMHO.. the only drawback with the scotchbrite is the coarse lines it leaves.. I would recommend the fiberglass pen.. Offshore has them in his tools section.. it refinishes the metal like factory fresh.. I would psot pics but my old LP has gone to a better place and I had no back up files.. search the Doxa watch I refinished using the pen.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

+1 lani.

p.s. Sorry to venture off topic... Everytime i see a post of yours lately lani, i smile. Your absence around here was highly noticeable. I know you've been back for a while, but it's still nice to see you chime in!!!! Aloha.. Malama Pono bro!

-R

who are U ??

:lol:

pehea oi plai.. :good:

long story short.. I've been a little bogged down with the biz these past several months.. so it's nice to get back into my routine.. no love out in the real world these days !!.. it's true about RWG.. it may be a virtual space.. but the peeps and friendships are as genuine as any 20k timepiece !!!! ..

this is "fo real" off topic .. but after being away dealing with my biz night and day.. what was creating the void in my gut was all of youz .. !!!! :1a:

Go to your local Auto Parts store. Some of them have different levels of scotch bright pads...Course, Medium, Fine. The ones I use on Ti are grey in color (fine). I use the redish ones (Medium) for SS. If you have trouble finding some, PM me, I have a box of them. Happy to send you one. Or check out some of the watch supply places, they have several different finishing pads, pens & papers.

Hi, thank you all, this forum is really nice place:) Lot`s of helpful people and helpful information :good:

I will search what I will find from my country stores or from eBay. Probably I will tray at first refinishing pen. I already use fine grit metal sandpaper, I like result on daylight but inside house where is artfact light`s, inside I don`t like sandpaper result.