When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More on the Return to Small & Understated

freddy333

I would agree. (Rolex missed the mark with their over sized designs as of late -- too long on the drawing board).

I have been seeing more and more understated, but quality, watches in my travels. Seems Hamilton's, Seiko DJ Clones, etc, might be the new black....

This is making it hard to justify gutting 160x, 150x's for their movements... :whistling:

I'm not going to not buy a watch just because someone in a suit who writes for a paper and who deems themself a 'fashion guru' says so LoL

If a watch looks good it looks good, period.

I don't think we'll ever go back to the tiny sub-36mm days, but I imagine some of the more stupidly sized (IMHO) fashion watches (grahams, hublows etc) will fall by the wayside as they're finally recognised for being the fashion watches they are, rather than being a quality piece of classic design that will last.

All IMO, of course ;):p

I'm not going to not buy a watch just because someone in a suit who writes for a paper and who deems themself a 'fashion guru' says so LoL

If a watch looks good it looks good, period.

I don't think we'll ever go back to the tiny sub-36mm days, but I imagine some of the more stupidly sized (IMHO) fashion watches (grahams, hublows etc) will fall by the wayside as they're finally recognised for being the fashion watches they are, rather than being a quality piece of classic design that will last.

All IMO, of course ;):p

I agree, I can't see watches going back to <36mm, but I would agree that the over-sized watch trend is over, and they will only remain as 'practical watches' rather than daily beaters :)