When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Beautiful Watch :-D

kamber

@ Kamber... Im a little apprehensive when It comes to secs anywhere but the 9. I watched a few videos of this rep and the secs seemed to stop when the chronograph was started,In some videos It did not run at all. I was wondering If you had any Issues. I know for many It wont matter because they dont use the stop watch function,just curious,thanks :)

@Maxman Seconds run fine when the chrono is started / stoped and reset. The stop watch function works mint, its not running at 36,000 tho so its not 1/10th accurate :-D but 1/8th or there abouts is good enough.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Maxman Seconds run fine when the chrono is started / stoped and reset. The stop watch function works mint, its not running at 36,000 tho so its not 1/10th accurate :-D but 1/8th or there abouts is good enough.

Thank you, I want to purchase this rep soon,just want to make sure that there is no chronic issues,thanks again :)

Wow, fantastic pictures! I've lusted after the Calibre 36 but buying one is unfortunately useless. With the poor build quality this advanced watch will probably have a lifespan measured in weeks instead of the usual months. My very beloved Tag Aquaracer Day/Date blue/blue with steel bracelet was my absolute favorite, that watch just looks fantastic, but first the day-wheel got stuck, then the frame around the day and date fell off and now dangles around inside the casing. My Porsche Design Carrera Flat 6 also got a stuck day-wheel. I now have a 42mm PO with hour, minutes, seconds and the date. I hope that is basic enough for it to actually work more than a few months.

Most of this is posted in the wrong thread I know, but just had to vent some frustration... Perhaps I should just fork out 4700 usd and buy myself a gen Aquaracer?

Anyways, congrats on your Calibre 36, let us know how it runs!

Also, pics are always fun, here is the Aquaracer:

300224-2865.jpg

Edited by Thklinge

Wow, fantastic pictures! I've lusted after the Calibre 36 but buying one is unfortunately useless. With the poor build quality this advanced watch will probably have a lifespan measured in weeks instead of the usual months. My very beloved Tag Aquaracer Day/Date blue/blue with steel bracelet was my absolute favorite, that watch just looks fantastic, but first the day-wheel got stuck, then the frame around the day and date fell off and now dangles around inside the casing. My Porsche Design Carrera Flat 6 also got a stuck day-wheel. I now have a 42mm PO with hour, minutes, seconds and the date. I hope that is basic enough for it to actually work more than a few months.

Most of this is posted in the wrong thread I know, but just had to vent some frustration... Perhaps I should just fork out 4700 usd and buy myself a gen Aquaracer?

Anyways, congrats on your Calibre 36, let us know how it runs!

Also, pics are always fun, here is the Aquaracer:

300224-2865.jpg

It'll be as reliable as anything else with an A7750 in it, once serviced the movement should be good for 5 years+, The high end reps usually don't fall apart, sounds like you've been going down the route we all take, and getting the starter ones, which unfortunately don't tend to last as they are cheap with cheap parts. Put any watch side by side to a $80-110 version vs a $400-500 version and the difference will be quite clear! put a lot of the high end reps next to a gen and they stand up pretty well take the DSSD for example its 99% there on the ultimate. If you're bothered about the movement go with the ETA version, its easily verifiable by posting a pic on here the experts will chime in and confirm if it is or not :-D

This Calibre 36 is very well made, and my DSSD seems indestructible.

Get a high end one and get it serviced by domi or the The Zigmeister if you plan on keeping it is my advice.

In the end you can't beat a Gen tho, nice to try it out first rather than shelling out 1,000's and finding it doesn't suit you etc.

Thank you, I want to purchase this rep soon,just want to make sure that there is no chronic issues,thanks again :)

I'll let you know if it falls over lol :-D i'm sure it won't i've had a very good look at it and its solid, its keeping time well and i've had the chrono running for ages, started/stoped/reset lots :-D, its going off for a lume job soon as thats the only thing that isn't great on it, as with most reps. Will be nice when it glows like a torch for hours :-D

I'll let you know if it falls over lol :-D i'm sure it won't i've had a very good look at it and its solid, its keeping time well and i've had the chrono running for ages, started/stoped/reset lots :-D, its going off for a lume job soon as thats the only thing that isn't great on it, as with most reps. Will be nice when it glows like a torch for hours :-D

Thanks again, I know at one time there were Indeed some Issues with the secs@3,6,12. But like many other aspects of are reps,they continue to Improve. Complaints are rare these days,thats says a lot in my book,again thanks :drinks: Mike

It'll be as reliable as anything else with an A7750 in it, once serviced the movement should be good for 5 years+, The high end reps usually don't fall apart, sounds like you've been going down the route we all take, and getting the starter ones, which unfortunately don't tend to last as they are cheap with cheap parts. Put any watch side by side to a $80-110 version vs a $400-500 version and the difference will be quite clear! put a lot of the high end reps next to a gen and they stand up pretty well take the DSSD for example its 99% there on the ultimate. If you're bothered about the movement go with the ETA version, its easily verifiable by posting a pic on here the experts will chime in and confirm if it is or not :-D

This Calibre 36 is very well made, and my DSSD seems indestructible.

Get a high end one and get it serviced by domi or the The Zigmeister if you plan on keeping it is my advice.

In the end you can't beat a Gen tho, nice to try it out first rather than shelling out 1,000's and finding it doesn't suit you etc.

Serviced? A brand new replica watch needs a service before use? That's just silly!

My first purchase was the Porsche Design Flat 6. I bought it from Tony at asian7750.com, it was 243 usd. About the fifth time I used the stopwatch, the whole watch stopped. Sent it back and waited forever to get it back. When it eventually got back I didn't dare to use the stopwatch. After a few months the date-wheel got stuck, I used it only occasionally and it did run out of spring-power between uses but I don't think that would matter.

The second watch was the Tag Aquaracer. Not cheap that one either at 288 usd. The date-wheel stopped after a few months just like the Flat 6. I continued to use it sporadically until one day the frame around the date and day just fell off.

I've worn the watches with care and have in no way abused them. I use several watches, most of them gen so the replicas doesn't even see daily use. I find it veeery difficult to fork out 348 usd for the Grand Carrera Calibre 36 if the experience will be the same as with the two others. Have I just been incredibly unlucky or can you only expect a 250-300 usd replica to last a few months? If the latter is the case the gen will be cheaper in a very short time.

Serviced? A brand new replica watch needs a service before use? That's just silly!

My first purchase was the Porsche Design Flat 6. I bought it from Tony at asian7750.com, it was 243 usd. About the fifth time I used the stopwatch, the whole watch stopped. Sent it back and waited forever to get it back. When it eventually got back I didn't dare to use the stopwatch. After a few months the date-wheel got stuck, I used it only occasionally and it did run out of spring-power between uses but I don't think that would matter.

The second watch was the Tag Aquaracer. Not cheap that one either at 288 usd. The date-wheel stopped after a few months just like the Flat 6. I continued to use it sporadically until one day the frame around the date and day just fell off.

I've worn the watches with care and have in no way abused them. I use several watches, most of them gen so the replicas doesn't even see daily use. I find it veeery difficult to fork out 348 usd for the Grand Carrera Calibre 36 if the experience will be the same as with the two others. Have I just been incredibly unlucky or can you only expect a 250-300 usd replica to last a few months? If the latter is the case the gen will be cheaper in a very short time.

Well you have had some pretty shity luck so far. I have purchased seven reps from Tony and have had not one problem,nothing serious anyways. I run my chronos all the time and still no problems. For every bad experence you hear you will here many more good experences In return. Some people like to have there reps serviced right away, thats your call. I do wish you better luck In the furture :)

No matter how silly you think it is, it's also reality. Complete lack of QC and poor storage conditions for bulk-purchased movements. Why did you think you were only spending 1/10th the price of a real model?

No matter how silly you think it is, it's also reality. Complete lack of QC and poor storage conditions for bulk-purchased movements. Why did you think you were only spending 1/10th the price of a real model?

My understanding was that most replicas use stock movements that are also found in brand name watches. The price differential can come down to not using the more exotic materials (like real gold, titanium, magnesium, carbon fibre, etc), manufacturing with a lower level of QC and less precision (for the casing & strap, not the movement itself), and without the most expensive part of it all: The brand name.

Repsites should start selling watches for 300 usd instead of 250 with service included, or at least inform the customer that the watch you're about to buy is broken before you even use it. Buying a product marketed as new when in fact it is already broken? Sounds like a scam.

Mods: Feel free to branch these posts out to a separate thread, it's pretty far off topic by now.

The 7750 movement family both Swiss, and Asian has around 200 parts. It's recommended that people who buy such a complicated piece of micro-machinery have it checked out by a professional before any serious usage. More commonplace movements don't require this kind of kid glove handling.

Some vendors do in fact offer service as part of the sale, but you have absolutely no proof of the quality or even existence of such a service, and it's generally viewed as a waste of your money. Locate the modders in your region of the world, and use them. It's part of the hobby.

More mundane watches should be worn for a month or two and then, if you believe it's a true "keeper", have it serviced as well. That should keep it running for 5 years.

The 7750 movement family both Swiss, and Asian has around 200 parts. It's recommended that people who buy such a complicated piece of micro-machinery have it checked out by a professional before any serious usage. More commonplace movements don't require this kind of kid glove handling.

Some vendors do in fact offer service as part of the sale, but you have absolutely no proof of the quality or even existence of such a service, and it's generally viewed as a waste of your money. Locate the modders in your region of the world, and use them. It's part of the hobby.

More mundane watches should be worn for a month or two and then, if you believe it's a true "keeper", have it serviced as well. That should keep it running for 5 years.

Here here, I think this is the general consensus as well... if its a keeper then get it serviced, lets face it... its going to need a re-lume anyway :-D

I asked for a service to be included when I got my gen, god knows how long its been sitting in the shop window or out the back, unless its shipped direct from the maker then you would assume it would be tip top! God bless gen guarantee's is all I can say.

I sooooo wanted to love this watch! In pictures it is gorgeous, as well as in person. It's the first rep I purchased. I have had it for a week now, but it is just too dang big for me. Mine is running perfectly with the A7750, and the sdw isn't actually that bad! But alas, I am going to sell mine off because I just cannot shake my Omega habit:)

and yes, ANOTHER crappy iPhone pic...

tag4.jpg

• 1 month later...

This watch is absolutely beautiful!

I am in the market for the same watch, except in the stainless steel with the stainless steel band.

I am new to these forums, so I am curious, is Josh the one from Perfect Clones or PureTime watches? He seems to have good looking stuff, although the threads I have read about his stuff breaking kind of have me concerned. :(

Thanks for contributing!

Edited by sirdomino

• 1 month later...

I am currently waiting for a Caliber 36 TI/RU Black from Tony. His email support is great and he also provided me with some pictures of the watch and Tag Heuer case I also bought. So overall my experience has been great.

I'll let you guys know when it arrives, although It will be opened only on my birthday on the 25th Feb. So I'll post some high quality photos then, powered by a Canon 550D ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received it today after almost a month stuck in customs, but everything went well.

Still haven't got the chance to play around with it since it will be my 30th birthday tomorrow and the Tag is my girlfriend's birthday present. She has full authority over her present for now :)

Nevertheless I did opened the package to confirm everything is in order and both Tag Heuer Box and Watch look superb. When I'm ofered the watch I'll be posting some pics and provide any details you like for your purchases.

Edited by VOliveira

Happy birthday VOliveira!! i hope you wear this watch in good health and prosperity!

Received it today after almost a month stuck in customs, but everything went well.

Still haven't got the chance to play around with it since it will be my 30th birthday tomorrow and the Tag is my girlfriend's birthday present. She has full authority over her present for now :)

Nevertheless I did opened the package to confirm everything is in order and both Tag Heuer Box and Watch look superb. When I'm ofered the watch I'll be posting some pics and provide any details you like for your purchases.

• 3 weeks later...