When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor MonteCarlo DW case ? 7032

parryl

Here's a closeup 7032 pic for references.

The naked-eye comparative differences I can spot are :

1) The numbers on the outer-Chapter ring (in orange on black base) are like lume-applied textures with slight puffs.

- on DW's the numbers are flat out

2) The number 4s inside both registers should have a slight extension with the horizontal strokes.

- on DW's, the 4s seem to have missing extensions

3) The TUDOR fronts - Shape and Boldness

- on the gen dial, the U has more paint on the left vertical stroke down, less paint on the right vertical stroke.

- on DW's, the U seems out of shape : with the right stroke seemingly longer than the left stroke

4) The Orange Tone

- on the gen dial, the Orange colours are more pronounced and brighter - exudes a more contrasty exhibition between the blacks, grey, white and orange.

- on DW's, the orange tone seems offish with a lack lustre - thereby not as contrasty

5) Register / Sub-dial Rehaut aka Depth

- if you could now take your attention to the 2 registers / sub-dials, you will notice that these sub-dials are in fact an additional added-on cut-out pieces, with a film-like application encompassing the sub-dials. Notice the thin transparent film around the registers, where the 2 homeplate indices meet at an angle.

- on DW's, I can't see any, so I can't speak much.

Of course, there will always be differences. However, I applaud DW's efforts in realizing that a 7031/7032 project. These are magnificent pieces which in the early 1980s, no one seems to care for such psychedelicatessens colour-combinations within a watch. Produced for a short 2-3 years, the gens are now commanding deep troughs of cash.

I am sure in time to come, with The Zigmeister's lume skills, and some after-market projects revolving the perfection of the dials and hands, this could be a close resonance to the one and only Monte Carlo of the 1970s.

post-867-069194900 1284531972.jpg

Here's a closeup 7032 pic for references.

The naked-eye comparative differences I can spot are :

4) The Orange Tone

- on the gen dial, the Orange colours are more pronounced and brighter - exudes a more contrasty exhibition between the blacks, grey, white and orange.

- on DW's, the orange tone seems offish with a lack lustre - thereby not as contrasty

Actually...this is not necessary true, due to aging, the orange can become a dull orange brown...here is a 7032 from Antiquorum...

128.jpg

• 1 month later...