When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Almost a Convert

StormTooper4

I have found myself pleasantly surprised, I was lucky enough to go to a Metallica gig last night and they absolutely rocked, I have never been a metal head myself and doubt I ever will be, though I'm always open to a bit or AC/DC or Motorhead but only on the radio kind of thing. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar Musical experience where they saw a gig they didn't think they would be that into, but have come away with a new opinion?

Yup....The Rolling Stones. Now don't get me wrong, I really like their music. However, I saw them a couple of years ago, and let's face it - they are old. I figured there was no way they were going to be able to rock the house. They not only rocked it - they owned it! It was 2 1/2 hours of non stop rocking! No wonder they continue to tour!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Same can be said for R U S H. I saw them twice in August, and for guys in their mid-50's, they were phenomenal. Best live version of Freewill I have heard to-date. Neil's 8 minute drum solo is off the hook, he plays multiple time signatures at the same time.