When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer with Double AR Coating

Friedhelm

great look and pix...

i'll have to shoot some pix of my v1 black dial arabic Navi...recently added a new eta 4.5 datewheel and chief's double ar...

hoping that the new a7753 - which appears to be a modded a7750 - might be the answer to the sunken datewheel...fingers crossed...

@ chronoluvvv

This AR Coating was made in Europe (Germany).

He's absolute recommended and unimpeachable

( I can't loose my eyes from this watch, but when you ask me what time it is, I've to look again :whistling: )

Is he the one Domenico uses?please give us some details, i am sure most guys in Europe would be very interested in more

details!!!

Thanks J

Unfortunately a 7753 will not fit in that watch. To do a gen dial/7753 swap you will require a case from a 6-9-12 navitimer.

Hi Andreww,

Yes, I with you, but I asked Domenico and he told me "No problem" .

I don't know how, bit I think he knows what he says. (May the force be with him )

But a case from a 6,9,12 Navi will be not the biggest problem.

Is he the one Domenico uses?please give us some details, i am sure most guys in Europe would be very interested in more

details!!!

Thanks J

Yes, Domenico gave me the contact.

I think it's not fair to publish his name and Address here before getting a Go from him, because I think he's not a RWG member

But you can contact Domenico, I think he knows him better.

Thanks

Friedhelm

Yes, Domenico gave me the contact.

I think it's not fair to publish his name and Address here before getting a Go from him, because I think he's not a RWG member

But you can contact Domenico, I think he knows him better.

Thanks

Friedhelm

Of course F you are right, my intention was not for you to publish his info!!!i just wanted to confirm that he is Domenico's AR guy

Thank you my friend

J

Hi Andreww,

Yes, I with you, but I asked Domenico and he told me "No problem" .

I don't know how, bit I think he knows what he says. (May the force be with him )

But a case from a 6,9,12 Navi will be not the biggest problem.

Well, I respect the skills of the various modders on the forum, but what he is telling you is impossible. The 7750 and 7753 have virtually the same dimensions. The 7750 that is in the 3-6-9 tricompax Navi has an extra bridge to raise the transfer gears over top of the datewheel. This is what causes the recessed date. The case on the models has the hole for the stem moved towards the back of the case to accommodate this modification. When you put a 7753, or a 7750 for that matter, in the 3-6-9 case the stem will not align properly withh the crown tube. I don't care who your modder is, unless he can turn water in to wine, he wont fit a 7753 in to your case.

@ chronoluvvv

This AR Coating was made in Europe (Germany).

He's absolute recommended and unimpeachable

( I can't loose my eyes from this watch, but when you ask me what time it is, I've to look again :whistling: )

damn ! you could've fooled me

especially that last shot

here's mine w/Chief's A/R on gen strap

30c041b1.jpg

Edited by chronoluvvv

hmmmm...........intersting reading...... i know francisco does some mods to move the DW up! just another option.

Francisco's method of moving the datwheel above the transfer gears is very creative and puts me in awe of what guys can accomplish here. However, I don't think that method is very practical because it involves gluing a spacer and new datewheel on top of the existing datewheel. If the movement needed to be serviced, I would doubt that it could be done without destroying the entire setup.

I've really given up on the idea of a perfect 2004 Navi, but I still don't get why one of the factories haven't produced a decen Old Navitimer?

• 4 months later...

I believe the "recipe" is an old v1 case, 6-9-12 dial and eta7750...

With the tri-compax rep dial and the older low-beat a7750, the dw is less sunken than the high beat a7750...updating to an eta7750 4.5 datewheel makes a big difference over the older datefont it came with...it's not perfect since its still sunken, but really slightly...and of course, the date isn't rotated for numbers 1-9 like the gen...oh well...

In any combo, i don't believe an eta7753 will work...

Search polexpete and importr posts...and there's a post about questioning the a7753 with tri-compax Navis and i beleive you'll find the info there...

R-

(updated)

Finally I found the post I was looking for. Andreww posted already what is needed for the best Navi tricompax:

"- Gen tricompax dial

- Rep Navitimer Serie Speciale case (or the two-tone 6-9-12 case)

- Rep Tricompax caseback

- Gen ETA 7753 movement"

Such a projekt seems to be a little pricey...

I think I´d prefer the "second best" solution:

- v1 Navi rep with low beat movement

- 4.5 eta datewheel change

- AR

This Navi rep looks fine for me!

Well, I respect the skills of the various modders on the forum, but what he is telling you is impossible. The 7750 and 7753 have virtually the same dimensions. The 7750 that is in the 3-6-9 tricompax Navi has an extra bridge to raise the transfer gears over top of the datewheel. This is what causes the recessed date. The case on the models has the hole for the stem moved towards the back of the case to accommodate this modification. When you put a 7753, or a 7750 for that matter, in the 3-6-9 case the stem will not align properly withh the crown tube. I don't care who your modder is, unless he can turn water in to wine, he wont fit a 7753 in to your case.

100% correct.

• 2 months later...