When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Everything you wanted to know about watches...

hackR

The Zigmeister had the mystery curly thread awhile back on one of Nanuq's treasures I think...that was hilarious...

I think a thread on the ugliest, most embarrassing POS pieces that we still love anyways would be funny too. I would almost buy a Gaytona for that...except that I don't love them. :)

The Zigmeister had the mystery curly thread awhile back on one of Nanuq's treasures I think...that was hilarious...

I think a thread on the ugliest, most embarrassing POS pieces that we still love anyways would be funny too. I would almost buy a Gaytona for that...except that I don't love them. :)

:lol: nice

5) quartz movements for dummies (The Zigmeister)

How about this

Give power to the correct shaped an placed quartz crystal and it will vibrate at 32,768 Hz, the IC (Integrated circut) counts the vibrations and every 32,768 Hz turns the power on and off, that makes the motor turn a half turn and the second hand step forward one second.

General quartz movement s have steps of 1 second but many watches that do not have a second hand (mainly Ladys watches) have 6 or 20 second steps, this saves a lot of power and extends battery life.

So all it is is a switch that turns the power off and on making the motor turn, simple as that.

How-To: Lose interest in, and sell any rep in less than a week By HackR

:victory:

How about this

Give power to the correct shaped an placed quartz crystal and it will vibrate at 32,768 Hz, the IC (Integrated circut) counts the vibrations and every 32,768 Hz turns the power on and off, that makes the motor turn a half turn and the second hand step forward one second.

General quartz movement s have steps of 1 second but many watches that do not have a second hand (mainly Ladys watches) have 6 or 20 second steps, this saves a lot of power and extends battery life.

So all it is is a swith that turns the power off and on making the motor turn, simple as that.

:g: