When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have You Ever Tried This? - Panerai Cg

V

Isnt that how PAM192 is ? I doubt they would have made a brand new guard for that?

Haven't had the 188 and 196 for so long, I'm not sure if they are the same too.

Isnt that how PAM192 is ? I doubt they would have made a brand new guard for that?

Haven't had the 188 and 196 for so long, I'm not sure if they are the same too.

I am quite sure I have read somewhere here that you cannot turn the CG around but I cannot find it anywhere... :(

Unfortunately you CANNOT do it.. I now figured out why... It is not because of the screws lining up..

It is because the PIN that holds the lever has a way in and out.. The way in is FLUSH with the CG and the way out is not.

If you reverse the flush side will be on the under side of the cg and the exit side on top..

..if you know what I mean :p

If you have a rep with a CG pin that you can tell it's upside down at glance, then it must be a very good rep... :D

Out of joke, the only two major contra-indications (naturally besides inscriptions like 'reg TM') I've found on turning the CG upside down are:

1) asymmetrical CGs, like in this and this posts

2) unlined screws, as wheaton26 found.

I also feel that opening a lever from bottom to top would be more annoying than the usual way, as gravity would make the lever tend to continuously close -- especially if it is the usual rep loose lever...

So, may I ask you why this funny question? Making left-handed right-handed, or what? :blink:

V,

you can turn the CG upside down.....and if you don´t like the pin look.....just get the pin out and attach it the other way around......it´s quite easy I did it.

And on my 6452 projects I just decide if up or down.......it was allways possible and I don´t care about the pin :D

Keep me posted,

Theo

If you have a rep with a CG pin that you can tell it's upside down at glance, then it must be a very good rep... :D

Out of joke, the only two major contra-indications (naturally besides inscriptions like 'reg TM') I've found on turning the CG upside down are:

1) asymmetrical CGs, like in this and this posts

2) unlined screws, as wheaton26 found.

I also feel that opening a lever from bottom to top would be more annoying than the usual way, as gravity would make the lever tend to continuously close -- especially if it is the usual rep loose lever...

So, may I ask you why this funny question? Making left-handed right-handed, or what? :blink:

First of all it will be a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good rep and this will ruin it in my eyes.

You have right for the 1 and 2 reasons you said.

Gravity will not be a problem because the lever won;t be loose.

This question unfortunately is not funny at all.... :wounded1:

I am trying to build an ultimate destro and the road is still very hard....

Only decent CG I have seen (and it is the ONLY on the market) is from Davids 115 here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=7169

Still it is not right.. the lever is closer to the back of the case...

V,

you can turn the CG upside down.....and if you don´t like the pin look.....just get the pin out and attach it the other way around......it´s quite easy I did it.

And on my 6452 projects I just decide if up or down.......it was allways possible and I don´t care about the pin :D

Keep me posted,

Theo

Theo, I always thought in the decent CGs the visual hole of the pin is bigger than the exit one so you cannot reverse the cg.. In the vintage ones I think it is the same because they change it from right handed to destro...

I am receiving my 001 baseline project watch today and we will see...

This question unfortunately is not funny at all.... :wounded1:

I am trying to build an ultimate destro and the road is still very hard....

Only decent CG I have seen (and it is the ONLY on the market) is from Davids 115 here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=7169

Still it is not right.. the lever is closer to the back of the case...

Now I see the point. If I correctly understand, you are in the hunt for a destro CG with the lever placed asimmetrically -- while Davidsen's one is placed symmetrically.

Yes, not funny, I'm not aware of any such a beast around.

Best wishes for your hunt, I see it hard.

Now I see the point. If I correctly understand, you are in the hunt for a destro CG with the lever placed asimmetrically -- while Davidsen's one is placed symmetrically.

Yes, not funny, I'm not aware of any such a beast around.

Best wishes for your hunt, I see it hard.

Yeap.. that's correct.. The impossible task... I need one with assymetrical lever, and correct flush pin.

Here is the photos of what I am after:

123548-20957.jpg

123548-20958.jpg

If anyone has any idea let me know :p