When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic Noobmariner from Timesshop.net

CzechMate

Hi folks,

I am no expert on Submariner, so I decided I will let you judge this piece I got from Mark at Timesshop.net.

I decided to try it, because his promotion is really irrestistible. For 128USD + 30USD shipping and 5% PP fees (totaling at 166USD), I got a watch that made me really happy. Till this day, my most favorite watch was MM 1950 Superlumed watch from GETAT (I specificaly requested Panerai like movement with swan neck and dagger pin and the watch is just gorgeous), but today, it has got a tough competition. Actually, I am just wearing my new ceramic sub and cannot stop looking at it. From my opinion, this noobmariner is wonderful. It has got asian 2836 movement, which is supersmooth. The rotor is quite noisy, but that should be an easy fix, if I am not mistaken.

The case, bracelet and clasp is wonderful and looks very well made.

Dial? Super nice!

The lume? For a replica? Excelent! It is on par with my genuine Steinhart LGE (see pics bellow). The only watch in my arsenal, that beats everything else hands down, is above mentioned MM 1950, which uses C3 SuperLuminova. That is the brightest Superluminova available. This noobmariner, if I can judge, uses BGW9 pigment, or something very similar.

Every detail of this watch is very convincing and I can say, I would not hesitate to pretend it is a genuine piece - if I was in that league of people, who can afford it. Unfortunately, I do not make that kind of money, that people would believe I bought a gen, so everyone will assume it must be a rep and therefore my effort to pretend it is a gen would be silly. Yes, I could save up the money, but I could spend it anywhere else - kids, house, vacation. So believing I would invest it in a watch would be difficult. But I could still pretend it was a gift from my wife, who would have to save up as well, but no one knows exactly how much she makes... I will think about it...

One thing that puzzles me is that green sticker at the case back. I mean the fact, that there is none. I saw submariners with that hologramatic sticker. Do they not put it on ceramic submariners? Why is it missing? Should I get one somewhere?

Anyway, this watch is wonderfull and I would be glad if you tell me what you think.

Thank you for looking! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

imgp4656.jpg

imgp4672z.jpg

imgp4670.jpg

imgp4667u.jpg

imgp4665.jpg

imgp4663.jpg

imgp4659.jpg

imgp4655.jpg

imgp4680.jpg

One thing I find difficult when photographing watches is to perfectly clean the watch. Although it looks perfect in flesh, on those close ups you always find some dust specks. Sorry for that... :pardon:

Hi, Czechmate!

First of all: b e a u t i f u l photos. You have photo skills I can only envy. Great job, man!!

Second: I've leared through my local authorized Rolex dealer* that Rolex stopped putting the hologram on their watches after 2007. This is also something some of the moderators on RWI have pointed out. Apparently, Rolex felt that counterfeit versions of their holograms had progressed to a level that made them almost indistinguishable from theirs. So, they stopped placing them on their newer ones. (Personally, I like the green hologram, so I bought a small sheet of them online and place them on the reps lacking them.)

*I have a gen Rolex DateJust and have visited his store several times for service & while there have handled the gens, like Submariners & the like. Great feeling!!

Hope this little post was helpful. Keep up the great work with the pics, Czechmate. They're great!

dave

Hi folks,

I am no expert on Submariner, so I decided I will let you judge this piece I got from Mark at Timesshop.net.

I decided to try it, because his promotion is really irrestistible. For 128USD + 30USD shipping and 5% PP fees (totaling at 166USD), I got a watch that made me really happy. Till this day, my most favorite watch was MM 1950 Superlumed watch from GETAT (I specificaly requested Panerai like movement with swan neck and dagger pin and the watch is just gorgeous), but today, it has got a tough competition. Actually, I am just wearing my new ceramic sub and cannot stop looking at it. From my opinion, this noobmariner is wonderful. It has got asian 2836 movement, which is supersmooth. The rotor is quite noisy, but that should be an easy fix, if I am not mistaken.

The case, bracelet and clasp is wonderful and looks very well made.

Dial? Super nice!

The lume? For a replica? Excelent! It is on par with my genuine Steinhart LGE (see pics bellow). The only watch in my arsenal, that beats everything else hands down, is above mentioned MM 1950, which uses C3 SuperLuminova. That is the brightest Superluminova available. This noobmariner, if I can judge, uses BGW9 pigment, or something very similar.

Every detail of this watch is very convincing and I can say, I would not hesitate to pretend it is a genuine piece - if I was in that league of people, who can afford it. Unfortunately, I do not make that kind of money, that people would believe I bought a gen, so everyone will assume it must be a rep and therefore my effort to pretend it is a gen would be silly. Yes, I could save up the money, but I could spend it anywhere else - kids, house, vacation. So believing I would invest it in a watch would be difficult. But I could still pretend it was a gift from my wife, who would have to save up as well, but no one knows exactly how much she makes... I will think about it...

One thing that puzzles me is that green sticker at the case back. I mean the fact, that there is none. I saw submariners with that hologramatic sticker. Do they not put it on ceramic submariners? Why is it missing? Should I get one somewhere?

Anyway, this watch is wonderfull and I would be glad if you tell me what you think.

Thank you for looking! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

imgp4656.jpg

imgp4672z.jpg

imgp4670.jpg

imgp4667u.jpg

imgp4665.jpg

imgp4663.jpg

imgp4659.jpg

imgp4655.jpg

imgp4680.jpg

One thing I find difficult when photographing watches is to perfectly clean the watch. Although it looks perfect in flesh, on those close ups you always find some dust specks. Sorry for that... :pardon:

To Dave47: (sorry, I cannot quote from my mobile)

Well, I am really glad you like my pics. All of them were taken of hand with my Pentax K20D + Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro lens, some of them were made in my home made light box and some just on a sheet of paper placed near my window for sufficient light conditions. And the lume shot was taken in my closet with doors partly closed to achieve some dim conditions (only pic taken from tripod). All of them were then corrected in Picasa, which is rather simple tool (light curves, crop, resizing and sharpening). It was a fun and a lots of breath holding... :-)

Many thanks for your explanation regarding the stickers. I reall appreciate that! Would you mind sharing where can one get them online in decent quality? How about a box? What box is for 2009 ceramic sub?

Also, I noticed, that there are pilished midlinks on latest subs. Is it on all of them?

Thank you again! :-)

Hi there!

Great photos indeed, mate! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AFAIK the midlinks should be brushed on the sub bracelet and polished on the GMT IIc bracelet only.

And as far as the rehaut engraving is concerned - the R in ROLEX should be perfectly aligned with the 9 o'clock marker. Doesn't look like this is the case on your watch, seems slightly off. But this seems to be the standard flaw on this model as well as on the GMT IIc. Personally that wouldn't bother me.

Is the endlink fitting as good as it looks?

Cheers,

W.

Looks great! Nice pics too. I have the same one and it is one of my go to watches for numerous occaisions. Pretty sure Whatever123 is correct. The ceramic sub mid links are brushed. I have considered brushing mine but I kind of like the extra bling of the polished mid link even though it is not necesarily correct.