When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner 2010 ceramic bezel - rep vs. gen

Whatever123

Hmmm.... no one got the gen and the rep and could do a side by side review?

I just received my ceramic sub rep and I have to say it s much better than I expected!

Flaws that I can see (I'm no expert here...):

- The bezel numbers are not white enough

- The rehaut engraving is not correctly aligned

- The crown guards are not quite correct (but who sees this anyway?)

- Date cyclops size and mag seem to be a bit off and of course the cyclops lacks AR

- The pearl, as usual... but it's not that bad actually

Apart from those little thing the watch looks and feels great. Endlink fitting is very good by the way!

Cheers,

Whatever

I had the gen for two days before trading on to a buyer and the biggest differences are the Cyclops having no AR, the CG's being a long way off, the gen has shorter lugs so the crown sticks out quite a long way even compared to the older gen sub. The worst thing for me though is the very thick bezel. It is the same problem on the GMT rep too I think. The gen ceramic Sub bezel is no different to a standard 16610 Sub bezel. Not sure why they have got this so wrong apart from the issue of using a 2836 movement maybe. I no longer have the rep either as these things bothered me too much. I will probably have another gen in a few weeks so I will take some pics then.

I had the gen for two days before trading on to a buyer and the biggest differences are the Cyclops having no AR, the CG's being a long way off, the gen has shorter lugs so the crown sticks out quite a long way even compared to the older gen sub. The worst thing for me though is the very thick bezel. It is the same problem on the GMT rep too I think. The gen ceramic Sub bezel is no different to a standard 16610 Sub bezel. Not sure why they have got this so wrong apart from the issue of using a 2836 movement maybe. I no longer have the rep either as these things bothered me too much. I will probably have another gen in a few weeks so I will take some pics then.

We will be very thankful if you manage to get some detailed pics of the gen so we can compare.

It s a pity there are so obvious flaws and that they dont seem to care fixing them....

It s a pity there are so obvious flaws and that they dont seem to care fixing them....

Puretime just came out with, "finally", a full brush link bracelet. I was near to pull the trigger on one. That's a good start, but there's place to more improvement, be patient, we will see a lot of version of this one like we see for the DeepSeaDweller rep.

Paul, is the 2836 that bad? Not 4813-bad right? or any 21j for that matter?

I just pulled the trigger on a black sub-c from Lay, just awaiting QC pics/vid.

With the pics/vid, I'm able to tell visually what's wrong with it and have Lay pick me out another one...however my main concern is the noise of the movement.

My 21j reps are very noisy when the rotor winds. Am I to expect the same from this 2836? quick fix?

Edited by ianGP