When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PAM 250 comes with what seems like a new breed of rubber and deployment

briank996

Agree on both the strap and the deployment clasp. The rubber strap is a 1:1 replication of the current version of historic rubber strap with the keeper "fixed" by 4 little tabs, two on each side of the keeper.

The deployment butterfly clasp is also a different story, it's thicker than the previous version overall, and slightly more curved...so peeps with larger wrists be warned - the ens of the clasp will definitely push into underside of your wrist if you like wearing your straps tighter. The 'wings' that fold into the main frame come with updated (smaller diameter) spring loaded S/S balls, the deployment opens and closes much easier due to this fact alone. The 2 side pushers don't come with 4 micro screws anymore that push against the spring loaded balls, they come with flat-top pins instead. Engravings and etchings are 'out of this world' when talking rep stuff in general.

Also, the shorter strap part is removed by a small screw that disengages the inside bar which is machined and polished to perfection. All in all 5-out-of-5 for the look and feel, 4-out-of-5 for comfort from me.

cheers!

Agree on both the strap and the deployment clasp. The rubber strap is a 1:1 replication of the current version of historic rubber strap with the keeper "fixed" by 4 little tabs, two on each side of the keeper.

The deployment butterfly clasp is also a different story, it's thicker than the previous version overall, and slightly more curved...so peeps with larger wrists be warned - the ens of the clasp will definitely push into underside of your wrist if you like wearing your straps tighter. The 'wings' that fold into the main frame come with updated spring loaded ball bearings, the deployment opens and closes much easier due to this fact alone. The 2 side pushers don't come with micro screws anymore that push against the ball bearings, they come with flat-top pins instead. Engravings and etchings are 'out of this world' when talking rep stuff.

Also, the shorter strap part is removed by a small screw that disengages the inside bar which is machined and polished to perfection. All in all 5-out-of-5 for the look and feel, 4-out-of-5 for comfort from me.

cheers!

Wow, superb breakdown of the strap, mate! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now if only these are available separately...

Certainly a great rep deployant. Nice to see they have got the thickness right at last plus the shape of the pushers and recievers as well as the other improvements that have been mentioned. How is the fixing end single or double screw? Did you get tubes?

As an aside does anyone definitively know how many variants there are of the gen deployant??

As an aside does anyone definitively know how many variants there are of the gen deployant??

Great trivia question. Here is what I know. People can add what they know.

1st Edition - F Series (162). Most diminuitive, no quick release tabs and all polished.

2nd Edition - G - I (??) The standard one we are all aware of (brushed or polished) with the 2 quick release tabs.

3rd Edition - J - ?? Same as 2nd but they upgraded the finish on the inside of the buckle tab with the perlage. We were all joking about it as a lame attempt to slow down reps.

What else is there?

Great trivia question. Here is what I know. People can add what they know.

1st Edition - F Series (162). Most diminuitive, no quick release tabs and all polished.

2nd Edition - G - I (??) The standard one we are all aware of (brushed or polished) with the 2 quick release tabs.

3rd Edition - J - ?? Same as 2nd but they upgraded the finish on the inside of the buckle tab with the perlage. We were all joking about it as a lame attempt to slow down reps.

What else is there?

I know that the 40mm and Mare came with deployants first, or on the 40mm it was a butterfly rather than deployant. Heres the mare one

I have seen 2 types myself that were pre-J, one had a fixed bar on the attachment to the strap the other had both being removable by a screw in the centre. I also know the polished ones were still brushed on the inside and the early ones on the synthetic straps (as thats what they were fitted too) had small serial/model numbers on the centre of the clasp inside by the tabs. I have not seen variations in the actual PAM engraving on the thumbnail myself.

All the rep ones I have seen no matter how good to gen never finished the inside of the bars sitting in the middle. Or rather they have never been as well finished. I guess because its not something that draws your eye when looking over the clasp.

these rubber straps are the most comfortable straps i have ever seen, there are no difference between these rep ones and genuine ones, i am thinking of getting them for all of my pams

Cant agree on that mate, but very close.

Why not buy a few variants and change them for variation...much cheaper option