When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 9411 can you tell me what I have?(update)

yachtmaster

Hey guys, I picked up this from someone I know but I don't know a darn thing about it. Can someone tell me whats good(dial, movement, etc) and whats not.

From what I can see, the dial seems to be decent. The CG are shaped nicely. It fits gen spring bars and doesnt look drilled. Wonder wnat kind of case it is. the movement looks like it has a Tudor rotor but not sure about the movement. Not sure about the caseback either. Wrong tropic, and rep bezel insert.

here are some pics. I really appreciate it you can help. Thanks!

post-6598-072880600 1285911845.jpg

post-6598-031467400 1285911880.jpg

post-6598-058041000 1285911888.jpg

post-6598-049387800 1285911899.jpg

post-6598-063227500 1285911916.jpg

post-6598-048301300 1285911944.jpg

post-6598-099483400 1285911961.jpg

To my eye, the movt seems to be an ETA 2784; the dial is not bad, but definetely not gen (Yuki maybe?) The hands are completely off: same thickness for both minutes and hour hand, seconds hand too long and with lumious square too far on the edge. Case and crown seem gen to me.

Or the springbars have flat ends instead of the correct rounded ends.

Might be a T-127 crystal instead of the proper T-125 for Tudor ETA.

A tritium acrylic pearl would help the bezel insert.

New hands and you would have a very nice watch.

Not that difficult to bring up to par!

It's actually not bad...the dial is wrong though...it should say "Prince Oysterdate", but otherwise looks like a nice pickup!

I believe that Tudor movements were not as decorated as the one in your pic, so I don't believe that it is a gen movement, but I have known to be wrong in many occasions (or so my wife tells me!).

Or the springbars have flat ends instead of the correct rounded ends.

Might be a T-127 crystal instead of the proper T-125 for Tudor ETA.

A tritium acrylic pearl would help the bezel insert.

New hands and you would have a very nice watch.

Not that difficult to bring up to par!

Looks like a T-127, cyclops is too far over, but that's not hard to correct (for about 125-150 USD for a genuine replacement T-125. Those hands are definitely wrong, a set of genuine tritium "Snowflake" hands are going to be a bit expensive. I paid around 200.00 USD for a set about a year ago and that included credit for my genuine Mercedes hand set which was put on the watch at RSC San Francisco several years ago (I assume they didn' have the Snowflake hands available). Do that, and a tritium pearl, and you will have a pretty nice tudor. Nice thing about tudors, they aren't nearly as popular as Rolex, so you won't have to worry about "is that a fake Rolex" Questions.

I believe that Tudor movements were not as decorated as the one in your pic, so I don't believe that it is a gen movement, but I have known to be wrong in many occasions (or so my wife tells me!).

Movement Rotor decoration looks correct to me. Here's my gen 2784:

IMG_0426.jpg

Other than the hands and dial, the case and movement both look good. A gen dial and hands would finish it off very, very nicely!!! And that 127 has to go. Definitely need a proper 125 crystal on it.

DSC_0978.jpg

Wow thank you, guys..you guys are awesome.

so heres a little update for you guys.

I get gen crystals from my watchmaker, so I got a gen 125 put on today. And a trit pearl on it as soon as I saw someone mention it. In the picture the bars are not gen but it is now.

So right now, its got a gen 125, now gen spring bars, gen 580 on a gen 93150 VC bracelet.

Someone asked what ingravings are on this case.

its says 9411 at 12 and "stainless steel" with serial 78xxxx(only six digits) at 6 side.

So the movement is a ETA 2784 but not gen but with correct dressing?

post-6598-095198400 1285988864.jpg

post-6598-068418200 1285988873.jpg

post-6598-083906100 1285989067.jpg

You'r on the right track. i think all you need at this point is to replace the hands with a set of genuine Tritium hands. It will look great. At some point in time, you can pick up a genuine dial. they aren't prohibitively expensive especially for the black dials.

Here is my genuine 9411/0 Blue dial/bezel insert.

9411-03.jpg

I'm with panerai on this, get a good set of hands and enjoy your watch. You can keep your eyes peeled for a gen dial, but if you take your time, maybe you can get a good deal- patience is the key. Since your watchmaker got you the T-125, can he get you a set of hands? But I guess vintage tritium hands aren't exactly an off the shelf item. A WTB on Vintage Rolex Market- VRM- is another idea. I guess a set of Yuki hands might do for a while.

I would bet if you post a WTB on the vintage Rolex forum, you will get a response. My 9411/0 had the snowflake hands replaced at RSC San Francisco with Mercedes hands. i posted on VRF and got several offers to sell hand sets. None of them were even close to the 600 USD on Ebay. That's and insane price. I've had more problems trying to locate a tritium pearl, as the RSC changed the insert as well, but it has a Lumi pearl.