When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone else having attachment and image insertion problems

PeteM

I have tried to attach some pics today via the attachment tool and also using inserting image link tool.

With the former I get 'This upload failed' I have tried numerous pics sizes copyright etc but nothing works.

I tried inserting using my FlickR pics but the link once inserted just shows a small white square where I put it. I tried posting it here but I get a message saying 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this forum' but I never had probs before??

Any suggestions guys??? Its never happened before, so is it my end or forum end??

Any help would be welcome...:)

Hi Pete,

got the same problem ... "Upload failed". It was working this morning, now something seems to be out of order... :g:

Cheers,

Whatever

Thanks mate, at least I know it aint me :) Well not this time anyway !!!! :bangin:

Yesterday this site was giving me fits. Slow/not posting, timed out by the server, couldn't get PM's sent. Ruled out my ISP, since other sites were fine. Today I'm having better luck so far.

From 0100 to 0200 GMT, the site grinds to a halt due to some bogglingly intense maintenance routines. Were you trying to use RWG during that time? (right now as a matter of fact)

Im going to try and show ADMIN the html issue .. lets see if it still exists

:thumbsupsmileyanim:<br><br>edit: I can see HTML line breaks" &lt; br &gt; " all over the bottom of this post<br>

From 0100 to 0200 GMT, the site grinds to a halt due to some bogglingly intense maintenance routines. Were you trying to use RWG during that time? (right now as a matter of fact)

Im going to try and show ADMIN the html issue .. lets see if it still exists

:thumbsupsmileyanim:<br><br>edit: I can see HTML line breaks" &lt; br &gt; " all over the bottom of this post<br>

We used to run our backup around this time, but it was moved to another time (With less traffic) several days ago, so I have to say that I find it strange that the site halts to a grind and that you see these errors. That being said; Lots of strange stuff has been happening these last couple of days, so I need to dig deeper into things here.

<br> so I need to dig deeper into things here.<br>
<br><br>Ok, so it's currently the time when the site *should* be very slow, and it's taking about 20 seconds to load a page for me.<br><br>Yesterday, however, the site was so bad at this time that Cloudflare (your ISP maybe?) was throwing up service error warning page instead of RWG forum pages

Funnily enough my attachment issue sorted itself though I did get some placement and junk characters in the posts I had written.

But today for several hours I could not sign in, not on any of my computers or my neighbours, I tried my firewall, restarting, explorer and mozilla and my iphone. I just couldnt log on. Just got back on now having left it a few hours. It kept saying on the home RWG page in a red bar - Error 2000 You are not allowed to access this forum

Not sure what happened?

Got the image upload problem again today and also some very bad response times.

I know you're looking into it, just wanted to mention it so you know what's going on.

I am intermittently getting that with response times but it could just be my end though not having it on other web pages.. Just glad I am able to get on at all..I was starting to get withdrawal problems :)