When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trevors Ultimate DSSD

rgn

Consider this post an informational message for anyone considering purchasing a watch from Trevor. I was searching for the Ultimate DSSD and after quite a bit of thought I felt that based on the recommendations from people on this board that Trevortime would be a safe bet. I asked a number of questions about his merchandise to which he always replied. I then asked for exact photos which, once I paid, he provided. I declined the first watch as it had blemishes on the band. The second one he showed me looked great and I proceeded. After waiting a few weeks the watch finally arrived September 15th at the post office. It appeared to be in good condition and looked great on the wrist. By September 28th the watch was not working. I reached out to Trevor every day since the issue and he has failed to respond. I could see if I purchased a $35 rep off the curb in Manhattan that the quality might be an issue. However when I spend $240 (with shipping) I expect a watch to last more than two weeks. This sort of thing is exactly why I was so hesitant to make this purchase. I have tried winding with no success. I am just amazed that this guy believes that just ignoring the problem will somehow help his business or situation. So now I will tell every board I can find about what a low grade crook this Trevor is. I would strongly recommend that anyone considering a DSSD look elsewhere unless you'd like to take a chance on a similar experience. I am told that it could probably be repaired for under $80 but the point is again that it was just purchased and to be honest if I wanted to spend upwards of $300 I could have gone with a better version or movement.

Trevor will sell you a watch and if it's defective you're out of luck.

Not trying to be on the seller side, but I personally have no expectation on the reliability of the movement in the rep watches. Once a while you may get a lemon. That's just what we have to live with for paying less and buying overseas.

Your watch is not working maybe caused by something minor. This is no sense to panic :) If you read some of the movement reviews here on RWG, you will get a sense of dirty movement inside of every rep (except for the Daytona 7750 movement I guess). I always try to have all my movement serviced or replaced with genuine Swiss whenever possible. Yes, this will increase the price, but ultimately get you a reliable piece you are happy with. What makes me buy or not buy on a watch is really on how accurate and quality of the case, dial, crown and hands are and if the watch can be frankened (word?). Movement is secondary.

Le Hu is a trusted dealer on all the forums mate or rather was going by the OP.

Totally agree with Cougaree though that happens but the lack of response dont help.

There is a discussion on the general forum about her regarding some issues.

I was myself about to buy a watch from Le Hu after a lot of communication which was always quick and informative. However just after I agreed price etc everything stopped, I assumed it was because of a personal issue for her, I then thought it might be because of the holidays over there at the moment but after reading a post elsewhere on here I saw a guy having similar communication problems for a watch he bought, had used a new Email address making a new sales enquiry and got an immediate reply.

Trevors site is also blocked as a malicious site by Firefox and Google.

So who knows????

Maybe Admin are aware of any issues....

Sticking to the trusted sellers is the way to go. I got lucky in my research and found a site that has amazing quality and accuracy with literally thousands of happy repeat customers (I'm most likely soon to be one too)but I can't find this guy on any trusted dealer lists in any of the rep forums. When I asked him why he wasn't offering his items in any of the rep forum sites (and he IS familiar with them ALL) his explaination was quite logical and made alot of sense.(to me anyway) Best of luck in your quest for your "perfect" watch. There are certainly alot of of them out there to chose from. I'm partial to the Rollies so naturally I'm sticking with BK (the KING). VERY pleased with everything I've acquired that came acrossed BK's bench.

Edited by chief