When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do the current PAM250 A7753 reps come with a gen alligator strap?

BuyersRemorse

My Question, are the new A7753 PAMs coming with Straps made of genuine alligator leather, or is it just some imitation looking like alligator leather?

I am asking because I am waiting for my A7753 PAM and I just ordered a "genuine croco leather aftermarket strap" from eBay (Seller: pstrapusa).

Any input on this? Are these straps good?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400142913629&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Looking forward to hearing from you guys

Dan

That eBay one looks exactly like the one I received from Panatime last year, except shorter (mine was an XL). You will find it very glossy, just like in the pic (Panatime pic wasn't so shiny), and quite thin. I haven't even worn mine due its 'shinyness' :D

Be careful to understand the difference between 'Genuine Leather Croc/Gator grain' and 'Genuine Gator'. The former is calf veneer stamped with a pattern (spottable from a mile away) and the latter is genuine gator/croc.

Absolutely no rep dealer will offer you a genuine Croc/Gator strap. They are not upwards of US100-300 for nothing... :)

From rough estimates, gator is roughly twice the price of crocodile, FYI.

EDIT: The link is to a nice strap, nice find :)

Reps use stamped calf to mimic a gator/croco grain.

The one you've purchased through eBay seems to be Croco leather, which is nice, but is still inaccurate for PAMs since they use Gator, which is smoother and more expensive. I'd raid Paneristi trade forum and pick up an OEM gator for less than $200 instead for these new daylights, or just use the rubber strat that they came with which I think is excellent.

My Question, are the new A7753 PAMs coming with Straps made of genuine alligator leather, or is it just some imitation looking like alligator leather?

I am asking because I am waiting for my A7753 PAM and I just ordered a "genuine croco leather aftermarket strap" from eBay (Seller: pstrapusa).

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400142913629&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Dan

People are alwas switching there straps around on there Pams so I dont think It's that Important that you wear a gen gator,unless you insist. The Important thing Is to wear a quailty strap. The reps straps will not fall under this catagory. The strap from EBay Is from Panatime like Drulee said. I have the exact same one In brown. They can be somewhat shiny when new, but after some wear they loose the shine and look pretty nice for the money.There not a great strap but a desent strap. Take a look In are starp section,some of are members make some of the nicest straps that you will ever see. Take a look at some of the "horn back" croc, lizard, and gator straps, they are just flat out awesome :thumbsupsmileyanim: ,good luck

Dan

Dan

Yes, real alligator and a genuine Panerai movement. 1st rule of reps is "all straps (not bracelets) that come on reps are in need of replacement". The strap look fine is some case but feel and wear poorly!!

Daylights

I have purchased most of my straps from Heroic 18,IMHO they are the very best straps for the money. There beautiful gator straps run form $150-175. There submarine buckles are coolest that I have ever seen,give them a look. Many gen Pam owners purchase there,I can see why. I have three of there straps,one gator,fantastic quailty :)