When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH Chrono V2 + Box

alleyoop

hey guys,

new to the forum and it has been so educational already! im about to buy my first rep and ive been reading all the reviews and info on the SOH V2 (non-chrono) and its pretty impressive! but i really want a chrono SOH so wondering if its just as good as the non-chrono and if there were any problems with it etc?? and have anyone bought any of the rep boxes for the breitlings PT, replicamake etc? i thought id go all out the first time!

any advice would be appreciated!

cheers

Ask your dealer for the "Hublot factoy" made Breitling Super Ocean Heritage Chronograph, on the rubber Ocean Racer strap, it is one of the best reps made, better than the non chrono version too ;)

Can't help you with a dealer recommendation, because you don't say where you are from, I don't buy boxes either, never seen the point....

Welcome to the forums, the search function is your friend :p

thanks mickey, ive been using the search function but couldnt find anything about the box and i found on the rwi forums that 'hont' is a good dealer but theres just so many different people with their own prefered dealer. theres a review on the chrono but i think its the V1. im from australia btw if u could recommend a dealer thatd be great! thanks

Not sure what the best bet is dealer wise for that part of the world, sorry, but you don't want the V1, you want the "hublot factory" version, there must be quite a few different "versions" out there.....

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/super-ocean-heritage-chronograph-black-v3-or-rubber/

Says V3 in the advert, but note the "perfect" lume, only the "hublot factory" version is like that, all other versions are no way near as neat. The rubber strap is very nice too, great first rep choice. Just remember not to cut too much off the rubber strap when sizing for your wrist ;)

Alley, the SOH chrono is my first rep purchase and the wealth of information here can be daunting. Here is what I have gathered on the piece

RWG Reviews:

I love Lanikai’s reviews “no ka 'oi”. Real and honest reviews always paired with shots that get my blood pumping. I think he owns somewhere around a bazillion reps, so his thoughts on what he reviews carries a lot of weight. It’s good to go through the entire “The Two R's Watch Reviews” section, it will introduce many fantastic pieces you may not have known about.

This review opened my eyes to the Chrono version.

This was his first review on the SOHC, the fact that he did 2 reviews on the same piece and this statement “All in all I am very happy with this buy” sold me.

Outside gen reviews:

http://www.idoljewelry.com/?p=1893

http://www.ablogtoread.com/breitling-superocean-heritage-chronograph-watch-is-ultimate-aquatic-companion/

Videos

(non chrono review, but still relevant if only to get a sense for case shape and size)

Mickey is right about the getting the V2 version. Your gonna want to find a Version 2 (Superocean Heritage Chrono) from V1 HBB Factory (V1 is the factory name)

Quote from RRFAN over at RG “The v2 is better than the newly released v3 (which isn't really a v3 as its just from an alternative factory) as its comes with an engraved rotor and is cheaper. The v3 (listed as v2 on the cartel sites) is actually less watch for more money. v1 is terrible in comparison to either though so be careful you don't go for that one by mistake.”

(RRFAN is refering to versions of the watch not speaking of V1 factory, can be confusing)

As far as what dealer to go through that’s possibly the bigger journey than finding what version of what rep. If you look at other boards some share the same trusted dealers while others are exclusive but all have earned that trusted status. Know that aside from a few unique reps eg. offerings from BK’s, Silix, and that delicious Dutchy GOLD from Polo all dealers seem to have the same access. I think it may be wise to build a relationship with one dealer and then go to others when they can't get what you want. I don’t feel comfortable touting who I went with and why right here but I'll pm you a shorter message ;)

Last thing, I prefer the look of the rubber and it's accompanying clasp but many like the mesh look. The current rep mesh bracelet is fixed in its size. STAIB is a high quality alternative, nice sterile clasp, but note that the 24mm size is only available @ 170mm that can be shortened to 150mm. You need to add spring bar to spring bar length to this measurement to be able to determine if the bracelet will fit. Lug to lug measurement based on Krpster’s analysis of the Heritage probably puts this rep at 56mm, I have a feeling that spring bar to spring bar will be >50mm.

STAIB (U.S. seller site)

http://lonestarwatches.com/3.2Mesh.htm

Jurgen (another high quality alternative with shorter length options, I prefer the look of the Staib clasp)

http://jurgensusa.com/Shop/index.php?cPath=66&sort=2a&page=2

I feel as though it may be nearly impossible for me to add anything helpful to the wealth of knowledge contained in the RWG, so I jumped at the one opportunity I may have. I hope you find something helpful and maybe someone else looking for the same rep will also find something usefull.

Enjoy the journey, I haven't even received my first reps yet but it's been a blast so far. Thanks everyone

SOH Chrono arrived yesterday. Good weight, nice strap and bracelet. Subjective but the smell is mild and only apparent when very close to the band.

A bit of a struggle to get the trimmed rubber strap with spring bars into the shorter, non adjustable, clasp side (minimum space between springbar holes and clasp case). I would recommend using simple razorblade when trimming.

A crude visual measurement does place the spring bar to spring bar (12-6) around 50mm. Lug tip to lug tip looks to be around 56mm. If you have enough wrist width to wear a watch that measures 50mm lug to lug then you can wear this watch. Curved lugs work great with smaller wrists but the thick case back sits it high enough so those with larger sized wrists won’t be bothered.

Watch feels so good on, looks stunning.