When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 7032: Work-in-progress

lhooq

Looks great. What's the subtle change? You brushed the tachy a bit?

That's pretty much it! There was something about the mirror-polished bezel that seemed off to me. Pictures of gens indicated a brushed finish, and ubi confirmed that was true on his gen bezel.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Success!

In the OP I wrote about the wrong minute counter on my movement. I had 30 minutes instead of 45, and I wasn't sure if it could be converted.

Thankfully, parts #8040 and #8120 (below) worked perfectly. That's 45 teeth on the chronograph runner:

1048737083_7W4q8-S.jpg1048737115_QC4sX-S.jpg

Now, one elapsed minute looks like it does on the right, rather than the 1.5 indicated on the left:

1048737015_WcQoM-S.jpg1048737057_o3ZiF-S.jpg

It bears repeating: If you care about having a 45-minute counter, do spend extra time or money looking for a movement so equipped. Converting a 30- to a 45- is neither cheap nor easy!

Update: Dropped!

1056517725_NUe5G-X3.jpg

I snagged the bracelet, and one of the springbars was not attached as solidly as I thought. The endlink came off, the watch flew from my wrist and smacked into the sidewalk. I've never dropped a watch before!

Thankfully, the movement is fine, but there's some damage to the crystal, case, and especially to the crown. Also, one of the subdial hands popped off due to the impact.

I'm currently on vacation in Italy, so if anyone knows a good watchsmith in Perugia, Rome, or Naples, please let me know. I just want the hand reattached and the springbars replaced, so I can wear the Monte Carlo before getting home!

1056517725_NUe5G-X3.jpg

I snagged the bracelet, and one of the springbars was not attached as solidly as I thought. The endlink came off, the watch flew from my wrist and smacked into the sidewalk. I've never dropped a watch before!

Thankfully, the movement is fine, but there's some damage to the crystal, case, and especially to the crown. Also, one of the subdial hands popped off due to the impact.

I'm currently on vacation in Italy, so if anyone knows a good watchsmith in Perugia, Rome, or Naples, please let me know. I just want the hand reattached and the springbars replaced, so I can wear the Monte Carlo before getting home!

Now you can sell it for $500 more since its been vintagized!

I'd keep it that way. It looks good.

1056517725_NUe5G-X3.jpg

it's prob a sign for you to pop the cherry for that T128 now :thumbsupsmileyanim:

good job on brushing the bezel. i too have been thinking about ditching that mirror finish. so a 3M pad will do the trick? any particular type to go for?

burnz, if you know of a reliable supply of reasonably-priced gen T128s (yeah, right!), please let me know! My watchsmith brushed it on a polished, but I'm sure it can be done by hand. An essential step, in my opinion.

don't know about good priced T128s, though i do know of a few watch parts hoarders who actually bought some recently to keep as spares!

Kindness!

1065267691_U9mge-X3.jpg1065285799_39xkg-X3.jpg

After my agony in Bologna, I asked for help through RG's 'Discussioni in Italiano' forum. That's not a knock against RWG; they just have a much more active Italian community over there. Several members suggested I contact sssurfer, and he was quick to respond.

We met up this morning outside one of Rome's Metro stations. From there, he took me to his watchsmith who did an excellent job of repainting the Tudor's running seconds hand, crimping it so it doesn't fall off so easily, and reattaching it to the movement. We also had a bit of a mini-GTG, as I brought along my travel rep collection, and sssurfer brought a six-pack of his favorites. The man loves his Panerais! All of the watches in the box were excellent, but sssurfer's PAM 28 Power Reserve stands out as a real work of art. It has to be seen to be believed!

sssurfer was friendly, smart, and very generous--a true gentleman. I did not know him before I asked for help, but I am now strangely happy that my Tudor crashed into the pavement in Bologna! It was a real pleasure to meet him in person.

Guys,

this became 7032 official tread! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So:

I find a seller in USA that get GEN ROLEX 25-128 Cyclope Plexy for 125$ + SS ,3 pieces or more 120$+SS.

www.scotchwatch.com

What do'u think about?

I think it's robbery. Once again, these cost $18.00 to $36.00 from Rolex. Evan at an AD'S 30% mark-up $120.00 plus shipping is a crime.