When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who or what is MBW?

Prsist

MBW = Maria's Best Watch ... it's a collection of vintage Rolex which have been considered above average in quality for years now.

MBK = A famous shopping mall in Bangkok where you can buy these MBW pieces

Na Piek = the store in MBK which sells them. First floor of the building. Green sign, black letters. Like most replica sellers, you have to ASK them to see the good watches, as they are hidden.

Someone with more years here than me may correct me if I am off base here.

Man, that old thread brought back some real memories!! I was one of the fortunate ones, i got 2 MBW's from Luckyy right before he went AWOL with several members funds. I have been a little skeptical of dealers ever since that event, plus TTK disappeared with unsettled deals, ETZ disappears all under the same circumstances. I would much prefer to buy a used watch from a member here. If I stick to the CONUS, I don't have any customs hassles, no problems with broken watches that need to be sent back or watches that come in and aren't QC'ed at all.

MBW's are very nice watches. They were pretty much "unobtanium" when I first joined TRC and the old RWI back in 2003,04. At that time, the only dealers were Maria and George, and you had to be and established member with recommendations and introductions to buy from either.Of course the scarcity added to the mystique and the frenzy to own one. Over the years, I've had several at least two SD 1665's and 2 or 3 Sub 1680's. They are great watches and because thye accept genuine parts, they are the perfect platform for serious modding.

They were pretty much "unobtanium" when I first joined TRC and the old RWI back in 2003,04. At that time, the only dealers were Maria and George, and you had to be and established member with recommendations and introductions to buy from either.Of course the scarcity added to the mystique and the frenzy to own one.

Roger that. I spent a long time making a lot of contacts before I was able to get in the "circle of trust". That earned me Scotty's email address, which hooked me up with (the original) George. That got me connected to Maria and he built mine for me.