When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

from tudor oyster date to datejust..help me

chronobam

hi

i have a question for the rolex experts :)

the question is...

startin' with tudor oyster date (70's) 34mm base..

is possible to mounth a rolex datejust dial?

and if is possible to do..where is the correct dial size/diameter?

thanks in advance ;)

Have you got a set of calipers? If not, buy a set- $15 at Harbor Freight, don't know what it costs where you are, but you have to have them if you're going to do any watch work.

I doubt it will work- measured a Datejust dial at 27.88mm. Measured a Rolex Date dial which goes in the 1500 Date case which is 34mm and it's 26.74mm. You probably could mount a Rolex Date dial in a 34mm Tudor case. Remember that a Datejust case is 36mm, so it's two mm bigger than the 34 mm Tudor case.

Have you got a set of calipers? If not, buy a set- $15 at Harbor Freight, don't know what it costs where you are, but you have to have them if you're going to do any watch work.

I doubt it will work- measured a Datejust dial at 27.88mm. Measured a Rolex Date dial which goes in the 1500 Date case which is 34mm and it's 26.74mm. You probably could mount a Rolex Date dial in a 34mm Tudor case. Remember that a Datejust case is 36mm, so it's two mm bigger than the 34 mm Tudor case.

mm..ok..thanks for the info..

but i remembered that rolex has in 70's product datejust in 34 mm version..is right or not? :\

The rolex "date" 1500 series was 34mm and the "datejust" 1600 series was 36mm. You could probably also go to an Airking dial because they are 34mm case also. The problem you are going to have is with the datewindow not lining up with the new dial. Would be really easy to swap out the crystal to one without a cyclops and install an Air King non date dial.