When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake or gen

JIFF

It looks like a Modded EuroT / Trevor version 5 to me, might be wrong tho, i'm not an expert.

The Crown is well off compared to the gen, the bezel insert isnt bold enough either.

Taken from the shot with the protector on it :-P here. (Same album, just ask him to shoot it in the box it came in and with the papers + receipt hehe.)

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh17/fkdsm/RolexDeepSeaSeaDweller.jpg

I attach a comparison, which shows the crown difference, the one on the... oh never mind :-) you can see which is which straight away now.

post-27069-042693600 1287306553.jpg

I attach a comparison, which shows the crown difference, the one on the... oh never mind :-) you can see which is which straight away now.

Well... Not really! LOL!

and I think the shot you added topt your comment is a gen... Just look at the pearl... I think they are two different watches...

Pearl looks flat to me on the first shot. Like I said take a picture of it in the box with papers and receipt and a scribble next to it of ur username ;-)

What do I know anyway... No they are both DSSD pics one on the left is the one from your album, the other is a shot of a verified gen... anyway wheres the lume shot?

Nice watch all the same. Bezel insert looks slightly off as well as the outer edge of the bezel, this is what I noticed when I put my rep next to a gen hand in hand... heres a verified gen shot for comparison.

post-27069-080394500 1287308631.jpg

this watch looks gen to me. I have not seen a rep DSSD with the correct 2 step date window. This watch appears to have a sandwich construction date window bevel in 2 steps. that makes it genuine, as far as I am aware.

Notice the bezel insert has platinum colored numerals, NOT white like the reps ... this is correct. Also the bezel insert triangle is a very subtle curve at the top. the noobfactory triangle is way too curved and the trevortime 2010 v5 has no curve at all. the subtle curve is correct for the gen.

@Jkay you're looking at the photo from photobucket or wherever right? Not the one i posted above... My DSSD looks better IMHO and if this is a Gen, then i'm glad I saved myself $5000

RLXmeets.jpg

The pearl and the edge of the bezel assembly are not right for sure and look at the crown and HE compared to the gen, easiest way to tell I guess is pic the serial no. Engraved on the rehault (tricky shot lol), that or take the back off and lets see the movement lol ;-D

Heres my Cartel Ultimate just for the craick....

post-27069-040961500 1287340899.jpg

You saved yourself more than that, boy-o .. the DSSD is almost 9 grand, and I'm 95% certain that the guy's photo slideshow is of a genuine Rollie DeepSea for the reasons I stated. Also .. look at the perfect serifs on the dial. No rep dial I have seen has these.