When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Holy 6152! Check Out Davidsen's 6152!

leitztozeiss

Now this IS a tall crystal - I like it.

124792-20736.jpg

Definately and i really like it... a custom piece i was lucky to get... unfortunately not the cheapest one... :o

Yeah, I've been wanting to build a Marina Militare with the old style dial and gold hands for some time. I was about to buy some of the parts from Davidsen and then bamm, his rendition of the 6152-1. Sweet, way better than I could have done, especially with the high domed plexigless. May have to go back and get another kit and source a rolex movement for the ultimate 6152-1.

JP

One thing that always confuses me about these 6152 projects is the choice of crown. From the pictures I've seen of gen vintage models, the crown looks more like the one used in a fiddy, on several of these projects the crown of choice seems to be similar to those used in a luminor.

The fiddy crown should be the most accurate one to use on a 6152 but since this model is using a RXW MM "chassis" it comes with the RXW crown to match...

IMHO that will be the reason for that but none better than Davidsen to explain that option.

I will use a fiddy crown on my "slo mo" 6152 project whose case is now getting some work done by a special friend...

That means some CG lever adjustement and alignements made.

BTW the "Brev. Ital." CG engraving looks good (much better than mine!).

M.

Yeah, I've been wanting to build a Marina Militare with the old style dial and gold hands for some time. I was about to buy some of the parts from Davidsen and then bamm, his rendition of the 6152-1. Sweet, way better than I could have done, especially with the high domed plexigless. May have to go back and get another kit and source a rolex movement for the ultimate 6152-1.

JP

A rolex movt ? do you mean this one?

125230-20640.jpg

• 4 weeks later...