When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub 16610 - oldie but goldie

Star69

clean & crisp, black LV rocks so much !

I´ve build one by myself, but the bloody Datewheel is badly centered and slightly misprinted...im diggin for a better one and helping Hands to install it :whistling:

Also the Crystalretainer must be shaved down to recess deeply an original WM9 green Insert, maybe some german Cracks see my White Flag ?! :rolleyes:

Regards GSmaniac

I´ve build one by myself, but the bloody Datewheel is badly centered and slightly misprinted...im diggin for a better one and helping Hands to install it :whistling:

Also the Crystalretainer must be shaved down to recess deeply an original WM9 green Insert, maybe some german Cracks see my White Flag ?! :rolleyes:

Regards GSmaniac

just get one of BK-datewheel-overlays and the correct 2,5mm gasket for the crystal.

or do you mean the metal retaining ring ? there was one batch that needed to shaved down ... otherwise the insert would pop out while installing ;)

cheers,

Frank

Regards GSmaniac

Does You really have to shave down the retaining ring ? is it not just to shave down the insert ?

In my opinion the black bezel and LV dial looks much better than the standard sub. :whistling:

On my picture it as a genuine pearl I bought on the bay and a V 1,5 insert.

Regarding the datewheel, I bought a complete movement ( Eta 2836-2) just for the perfect WM9 datewheel and it really makes a huge diffrence B)

just get one of BK-datewheel-overlays and the correct 2,5mm gasket for the crystal.

or do you mean the metal retaining ring ? there was one batch that needed to shaved down ... otherwise the insert would pop out while installing ;)

cheers,

Frank

Yes the retaining ring must be shaved down, the complete Case of mine isnt WM9, it was from Euromariner, this Batch has the Problem with 1 mm to much in Height. I try to shave it a little bit by myself, but the Insert pops out on the Edges <_< Maybe i have milled down the Insert too much so the Borders are to thin to hold in.... :thumbdown:

Regards GSmaniac

Yes the retaining ring must be shaved down, the complete Case of mine isnt WM9, it was from Euromariner, this Batch has the Problem with 1 mm to much in Height. I try to shave it a little bit by myself, but the Insert pops out on the Edges <_< Maybe i have milled down the Insert too much so the Borders are to thin to hold in.... :thumbdown:

Regards GSmaniac

been there done that - get a used WM9 assembly - there are a few for sale atm - or send the watch to Domenico - he can help you ;)

Regards GSmaniac

ALWAYS glue the insert on the replicas ( as BK says!) , but I tried a genuine insert on my WM9 V1,5 and it snaps in without glue BUT You have to sand it down to make it recessed a bit. But I will glue it anyway as You do not want to loose it and use shoeglue NOT superglue :wounded1:

I have v2 with v1 end links now, but I'd still love to own my v1 too. I'm kinda sad that I traded it.

It was the first "Super Sub".

LINK.

absolute classic read like Shakespeare :D

the first "Super Sub" and the only one that's still available ;)

cheers,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

UT Horn: I believe you're correct. I spoke with Jamie last night regarding that and it seems the only ones available are with engraved rehaut.

But they did say the alignment is very good and they're willing to send pics of the actual watch being purchased before shipping.

• 2 months later...