When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Milgauss - Feedback

noneone

Hello all,

It's been a while since I have posted on this forum, but i can assure you that I have been lurking around this and other replica forums just reading up.

I am in the process of ordering a Rolex Milgauss 116400 Black from a verified dealer, the replica is their top of the range one with a Swiss ETA 2836-2 25J Movement.

I have attached 4 pictures that the dealer has sent me and wanted to know what you think. As a Noob here are my opinions: -

1. First image – The Rolex Crown does not look straight on the clasp it looks like it is angled.

IMG_0001.jpg

2. Second image – It looks like the R from the ROLEX ROLEX does not line up perfectly with the 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 minute markers this may be due to the angle in the picture.

IMG_0002.jpg

3. Third image – The lume on the minute markers looks like it may be unevenly filled.

IMG_0003.jpg

Any opinions on what I have said above or any more that you can add contribute?

IMG_0004.jpg

I think your basic assessment is right on. It is just a 'standard' rep.

The coronet on the clasp looks to have glue oozing out of it. The dial seems slightly rotated left/CCW (could be photo angle).

The case looks identical to a Milgauss I owned for a shot time. I think I paid $90 with a 21J - 4813 in it back then. Personally, I am not seeing the bang for the buck to go 2836 unless it is priced below $150.

Just my .02. Trust your gut.

I think your basic assessment is right on. It is just a 'standard' rep.

The coronet on the clasp looks to have glue oozing out of it. The dial seems slightly rotated left/CCW (could be photo angle).

The case looks identical to a Milgauss I owned for a shot time. I think I paid $90 with a 21J - 4813 in it back then. Personally, I am not seeing the bang for the buck to go 2836 unless it is priced below $150.

Just my .02. Trust your gut.

This is supposed to be the dealers best version with 316-F Steel and a Genuine Swiss ETA-2836-2 25J Movement!

I am paying nearly $350, it feels like I'm getting robed with excellent reps from Robert at PWC selling for $179!

I'm guessing the Watchden ones are 21J?

At the very least I would want 25J

The "J" count is meaningless. For a short time, possibly still, these were available with either;

DG2813 movements (the classic 21J @ 21,600 BPH)

DG4813 movements (a 28,800 BPH version - same beat as ETA 28xx)

Apologies, noobie mistake :)

I was trying to say that i would ideally want a Swiss ETA-2836-2 25J Movement or at worst a Asian ETA-2836 Clone either way I would like one that has a 28800 BPH.

The watchden version 'looks' like a lower quality rep compared to the ones from the likes of PWC.

Apologies, noobie mistake :)

I was trying to say that i would ideally want a Swiss ETA-2836-2 25J Movement or at worst a Asian ETA-2836 Clone either way I would like one that has a 28800 BPH.

The watchden version 'looks' like a lower quality rep compared to the ones from the likes of PWC.

Hi, we also have the Milgauss with Swiss ETA 2836 movement.

You can check them out via below link.

http://www.watcheden.com/search-products--Rolex%20Milgauss%20Swiss%20ETA@0@0--common--1--0--1.html :)

This is supposed to be the dealers best version with 316-F Steel and a Genuine Swiss ETA-2836-2 25J Movement!

I am paying nearly $350, it feels like I'm getting robed with excellent reps from Robert at PWC selling for $179!

$350??

that's ridiculous. Are they not offering this watch with ETA-2824 anymore? Go for the 2824 version if available. lots of the 2836 end up being Asian clones anyways. You shouldn't be paying over $250 for a milgauss.

Watcheden is selling this right now for $69. I bought a dozen for XMAS as gifts!:thumbsupsmileyanim: and that's with free shipping!

Am I plugging this? What the hay?:thumbdown:

:D

Mate !! Now you have spoiled my surprise !!! ;) But thanks though I was expecting a PAM !! :)

I have never seen a Milgauss with an ETA-2824 movement. Could you point me to a link and a dealer that sells them?

The price is now $305 including EMS delivery.

I didn’t want to say who the dealer was as I have been quite critical of the timepiece but the dealer has been great in communicating with me and trying to resolve some of the issues. But if you think it would help I can link to the watch I am going to purchase.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the dial and if it can be rotated slightly?

I have never seen a Milgauss with an ETA-2824 movement. Could you point me to a link and a dealer that sells them?

The price is now $305 including EMS delivery.

I didn’t want to say who the dealer was as I have been quite critical of the timepiece but the dealer has been great in communicating with me and trying to resolve some of the issues. But if you think it would help I can link to the watch I am going to purchase.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the dial and if it can be rotated slightly?

well. .i bought mine second hand from a senior member (very senior!)here... It was actually advertised as having a swiss 2824. He might have been mistaken though when he sold me the watch. Haven't opened up the caseback to confirm, but maybe i indeed have a 2836!

I got a few more pictures from the dealer, it looks as though the ROLEX ROLEX alignment is correct, but the dial has been rotated clockwise by 1 mm or so.

Is it possible to rotate the dial back or is this somehow fixed?

Yes, it's possible to rotate the dial back. How hard it is depends on how far it must be rotated. Usually if it's less than a mm or so you can just loosen the case clamps and rotate it without even removing the stem. This puts sideways pressure on the stem, so you must be careful, but it's usually possible.

Since a Milgauss doesn't have a date, worst case you can clip the feet and rotate it however far you want. You could put it in sideways if you felt like it.

Go for the 2824 version if available. lots of the 2836 end up being Asian clones anyways.

According to my parts supplier he can supply clone 2824 movements as well as the clone 2836 so the 2824's not a sure bet anymore...