When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 5218-201/A

wtchgk

Very clean, love it. Two cheap things you can do that would almost make it perfect would be a set of pre-v hands and a pair of oem looking pre-v style double screw bars. Both of these items are cheap & readily attainable off ebay (helenarou & wholesaleoutlet, respectively). Of course, an FGD 201/A dial would just take it over the top, but the DSN dial looks good (looks texturized/matted?)

The crown looks like a T, the CG looks TB or WSO but rest seems DSN.

I agree with the Munsters :) Though if I was going FGD dial and hands I wouldnt use a DSN case personally ;)

Great Pics mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. These are the specs:

- DSN case

- DSN dial and hands

- SL T crown

- torobravo CG, heavily modded though

- Jakob caseback

- Don strap

Additional mods already on my list:

- FGD dial (hope Simon will make more)

- FGD hands (aready have those)

- Swiss movement

Will add the specs to my original post, if I can figure out how to edit it.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. These are the specs:

- DSN case

- DSN dial and hands

- SL T crown

- torobravo CG, heavily modded though

- Jakob caseback

- Don strap

Additional mods already on my list:

- FGD dial (hope Simon will make more)

- FGD hands (aready have those)

- Swiss movement

Will add the specs to my original post, if I can figure out how to edit it.

Very well put together, who did the mods m8? Also did the case came with double lug screw system?

What case would you use? :rolleyes:

Argh !!! Now theres a question that could go on forever !!!

There is no simple answer as there are all sorts of factors, prices, particular flaws rated against other flaws etc!! and for us as collectors each is different in what we look for. Basically I find DSN overpriced and over rated :) Dont get me wrong I am not saying its crap or bad just not as good as some may think or be led to believe. SOME of his parts though; are and have been the best option for us.

The best would be the one I hope to have completed by early next year ;) ;) Nothing to do with anything going on, on the forums ;)

The next choice would be the EL if you can find one.

Some say the jackson case aint bad but needs slight modding on the crown tube the crown otherwise sits too high. Compared to DSN the price is awesome!! Great for a PVD PreV :)

Others say the best DSN PreV cases are actually on some of his A-C series cases (watches) !!!!!!!! Though I have no idea why he doesnt use them !!

The DSN for me has to many flaws, crystal height, lug height and shape and the lug bar holes plus edges of case etc etc add to that the price and I would rather find another !!

There are a few guys that like the older style Helenerou with Jackson bezel (as his are correct height or were!! ) Again decent price etc The latest Helenrous are a bugger with decent crystals I understand and not as good

!!

There are others who prefer some of the Ultimate cartel cases then part out to recover outlay.

I did find a great one, that I sold stupidly!! But it was from a 318 from a non trusted, I noticed the case, it was a cheapie ($160) I asked if that was what I would get he sent me QC pics and it was!! IMHO the best lugs I ever had plus bezel height, great crystal etc and all on a crappy Brooklyn SE !!!!!

At least with the others you can drill correct lug holes and source better PreV bars on eBay !!

I am sure guys here all have their own opinions but thats what makes us a great forum :) I just have my own and will stick with that ;)

There is no simple answer as there are all sorts of factors, prices, particular flaws rated against other flaws etc!! and for us as collectors each is different in what we look for. Basically I find DSN overpriced and over rated :) Dont get me wrong I am not saying its crap or bad just not as good as some may think or be led to believe. SOME of his parts though; are and have been the best option for us.

The best would be the one I hope to have completed by early next year ;) ;) Nothing to do with anything going on, on the forums ;)

Some say the jackson case aint bad but needs slight modding on the crown tube the crown otherwise sits too high. Compared to DSN the price is awesome!! Great for a PVD PreV :)

Others say the best DSN PreV cases are actually on some of his A-C series cases (watches) !!!!!!!! Though I have no idea why he doesnt use them !!

The DSN for me has to many flaws, crystal height, lug height and shape and the lug bar holes plus edges of case etc etc add to that the price and I would rather find another !!

There are a few guys that like the older style Helenerou with Jackson bezel (as his are correct height or were!! ) Again decent price etc The latest Helenrous are a bugger with decent crystals I understand and not as good

!!

There are others who prefer some of the Ultimate cartel cases then part out to recover outlay.

I did find a great one, that I sold stupidly!! But it was from a 318 from a non trusted, I noticed the case, it was a cheapie ($160) I asked if that was what I would get he sent me QC pics and it was!! IMHO the best lugs I ever had plus bezel height, great crystal etc and all on a crappy Brooklyn SE !!!!!

At least with the others you can drill correct lug holes and source better PreV bars on eBay !!

I am sure guys here all have their own opinions but thats what makes us a great forum :) I just have my own and will stick with that ;)

I am even more confused now, LOL! I hope too, that something good will come up with new year!!!

I am even more confused now, LOL! I hope too, that something good will come up with new year!!!

Yes mate, I know what you mean !!!

Sorry I didnt mean to give the impression that I know there is a new case coming for general sale in the new year, there is WM and W0lfs project which I believe is progressing well and K is trying to get something off the ground these may well bring something next year which will be available to members ;)

You forgot the 1:1 crystal project :)

I was relying on you to remind me :) :)

Great point mate and B working hard on that as we speak so hopefully we might have a Prototype very soon ;)

Very clean, love it. Two cheap things you can do that would almost make it perfect would be a set of pre-v hands and a pair of oem looking pre-v style double screw bars. Both of these items are cheap & readily attainable off ebay (helenarou & wholesaleoutlet, respectively). Of course, an FGD 201/A dial would just take it over the top, but the DSN dial looks good (looks texturized/matted?)

Appreciate your comments. What is the proper size of the lug holes for OEM double screw bars?

Very well put together, who did the mods m8? Also did the case came with double lug screw system?

Thanks. I did the mods. Who is m8? Yes, the case came with double screw bars.

!!

Thank you kind sir. Although my head is spinning, your thoughtful reply helps a lot!

The holes for the double screw bars on the DSN case are about 2.2mm, and as far as I can tell the holes on the gen case are about 1.8mm. Therefore it appears that the OEM bars you are suggesting may not look right on the DSN case because there would be much play. Am I missing something?

Others say the best DSN PreV cases are actually on some of his A-C series cases (watches) !!!!!!!!

I'm for the DSN cases myself. Just ask DSN for the preV case with fat lugs but with single-side lug screws. Then drill in the preV screws yourself. On the SS version, the lugs can be re-shaped slightly to reduce the hump, according to your bias. Also depending on the reference pics you look at (I like "www dot van nic dot it"), the DSN preV cases aren't so bad. It'll get you to 95%.