When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent! Is this gen? I´m going to buy it...

Ingo

Hi!!

Im a rep collector for some years by now but there is no good Omega 2254.50.00 rep out there.(short minutes hand, bad dial...)

Therefore I´m willing to buy an gen and I found this one:

click!!

Looks gen to me (HE above 10 o´clock... correct looking papers) but I´m wondering about the bezel misalignement!

Please help me, gen??

Anyway: It´s a beauty, isn´t it?? :wub:

Thanks a lot, regards from Germany... Ingo

If you say "gen" it´s a gen!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thank you, By-Tor!

The seller told me, his email-account is full with emails of people asking for this watch!

Why does nobody realize there is a replica market for a good 2254.50.00 ???

Just make sure pins instead of screws are used, HE is right, dial and hands are correct, ETA is in it and here you go!

Hmm... too sad I have to spend thousands of $!!

Regards, Ingo

Edited by Ingo

One thing though... the bezel insert is misaligned. That's really weird.

The 12'o'clock (pearl area) should match the bezel sharp edge, not flat. Here's my gen for comparison.

IMG_1535.jpg

No it's not possible. You have to take off the insert and re-attach it. Ask from the seller why it's not correctly installed.

PS: I didn't notice that you mentioned it in the 1st post.

Compare:

socalled gen:

300mgen.jpg

Here´s definitive rep:

300mrep.jpg

Markers, font on insert, dial...many slight differences!

Watch length of all hands!

No answer from seller so far!

EDIT: He said, he bought it like this, no repair known! Hm! Ok, somthing must have happend but it still is a gen to me!

Regards, Ingo

Edited by Ingo

Actually for me the bezel alignment is not so strange. Last year I was shopping at an AD and tried on some nice Omegas including a PO, PO Chrono, SMP Chrono, etc. Out of the seven I tried on 5 had bezel alignment issues (ie: not exactly at 12). So I wouldn't necessarily use that as a method to ID authenticity.

Actually for me the bezel alignment is not so strange. Last year I was shopping at an AD and tried on some nice Omegas including a PO, PO Chrono, SMP Chrono, etc. Out of the seven I tried on 5 had bezel alignment issues

Really? That's totally pathetic. :thumbdown:

Really? That's totally pathetic. :thumbdown:

It's even worse than that. As I stood there with the PO chrono on my wrist and the $7k tag hanging from it. I asked the salesman about correcting the misalignment. He looked at it then grabbed his catalog and showed me the picture. Then he said, and I quote "See. It's supposed to be like that." :rolleyes::g: Unbelievable! For those in the Toronto area stay away from European Jewelery in Square One.

Sorry to chime in on this so late but the pearl on that so called "gen" does not look right to me... :g:

Oh, and the crystal looks as though there is no A/R whatsoever (I believe the gen Seamasters have single sided A/R).