When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 to cannibalise

dieselpower

I have now gathered together most of the parts required for a 6263 build. I have a few decisions to make and I will post photos and ponderous questions when I am a little further down the line. However, there is one piece of the jigsaw missing, and its a big one - the dial!

I have been pestering various friends here but am still empty handed. It seems that it is just not possible to buy a decently printed silver non PN dial for an asian 7750 movement. Can this be true? I am now thinking of buying a nasty ($100) 6263 rep and just using the dial for my build - but where to get one?

If anybody has a recommendation, and don't forget I'm only concerned about the dial, the rest of the watch will end up in the bin (probably). So, there's your challenge folks - what would you do?

It seems that it is just not possible to buy a decently printed silver non PN dial for an asian 7750 movement.

If you're willing to wait a bit longer, I suggest you give DW a few weeks to source a better dial for you. His default 'Big Red' 7750 dial is a nasty one (I assume the photo you received was similar to the one that arrived with my 6263), but he does get the good stuff eventually.

Here's a photo of the offending article:

Yep, that's the one. I have two spare dials like that, each with chipped paint in a subdial, and both with text that was applied with a carved potato. :nonono:

Also, I don't think there are no crappy $100 vintage Daytona reps that will suit your needs. Their dials won't fit on a 7750, and they often look even worse than the one in that photo.

• 9 months later...