When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look what I put to together :) (45.5mm Franken)

plaifender

Genuine Planet Ocean goodness:

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

So, after sitting around in my watch parts for a few months, I finally decided to bite the bullet! Installed the following:

Gen Tube

Gen Crown

Gen Crystal

All parts were purchased from Cousins. The install was clean thanks to several members' help via pm. (p.s thanks matt). One thing that surprised me was the color of the AR, which has a light blue, tint to it under certain lighting conditions.. Not the deep blue that I've seen on other GEN PO crystals. Not sure if my crystal is a fluke, or if some crystals are just a bit lighter colored than others. In any case, I think the crystal mod is the absolute most necessary mod for any UPO now. I don't have the gen dial yet, but the difference is still night and day. The crystal is pretty much non-existent in comparison to the Standard Rep Crystal I had :)

IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

the light blue tint I mentioned:

IMG_3578.jpg

here's a pic under heavy direct halogen lighting: (very light blue almost tourquoise)

IMG_3580.jpg

Anyways, overall the mod took me about 1.5 hours of work (not counting the 12 hours I had to wait for the Araldite epoxy to set.)

If you guys are on the fence about this mod, do it yourself. Really not that difficult and I don't even have a crystal press!

Thanks again!

-Fender