When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster Professional 300 m replica with AR straight from the box?

watchcollector

Yeah, I have a gen 2254.50 SMP and the AR is only on the inside of the crystal and not noticable, although certainly does the job in terms of cutting away glare.

(This makes it an ideal tool watch as you don't have to worry about scratching or smudging the outer AR off)

Anyway, if you are after a rep SMP, I wouldn't bother with the current ones. As I said before, your best bet is to keep an eye out on the sales forum for an old-factory SMP with the correct He valve placement, better crown guards, etc. Not 100% sure on the AR situation with the reps, but I believe that the old reps have the AR on the inside of the crystal (like the gen).

I've got the gen, too and the AR is indeed barely visible. Not better than on the rep I had.

By the way - I need a replacement crystal for mine (2531.80.00). Gen or aftermarket, depends on the price. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've been searching cousins UK and I think I found aftermarket crystals there but no gens.

Thx.

Whatever123

OK, wholesaleoutlet has aftermarket crystals for USD 70 (Link). ofrei has the gen for 156 USD, 192 incl. shipping to Germany... (Link).

I believe OME-062SA3008 is the right one?!

What do you suggest? My watch is 10 years old, I tend to think that the aftermarket one should be sufficient...