When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some thing new

FxrAndy

A while ago i was asking about date wheels to sort a project out that i was working on, well in the end i had to make a date wheel as only while were available and only fromm the guy who sells the cases on ebay If you buy one of these you will need to get the date wheel with it which he does not adavetise, do i recomend them, if this is what you want to build then there OK but be prepared too fiddle if you stray from his design, I was expecting a fairly easy build even with my ideas but it was not quite so,

My Plan was for a compressor style case, with great lume using a 2892 that i had laying about, in the end i had to mod:-

The movement for the dial feet (movement issue)

Add H4 canon pin, hour wheel and second wheel dure to the convex shape of the dial (this will be the same with a 2824)

relume the dial as stock lume was poor

relume the tudor ranger hands to match

Make a fitting date wheel from 2, as any ETA one positioned the date exactly between do dates in the window

Mode the movement holder to take an eta, (either the one i was sent was for a miyota or they are too small for the ETA from the start)

Find a correct size dial spacer to get the movement and dial at the correct height for the date and the stem for the tube.

But i ended up with what i was after a 42mm compressor with great lume, plexy glass and internal bezel, I am thinking i should have got the brown aged lume dial though. What do you think

DSCF1805.jpg

DSCF1808.jpg

DSCF1810.jpg

DSCF1814.jpg

It was a bit od a search for the right hand shape, but i got it right in the end i think, the problem with the brown dial is that it is too brown, i would need to remove all the lume and re do it from scratch, I am ammazed that the seller sells this with a 2824 with standard lume ect for €750!

It was a bit od a search for the right hand shape, but i got it right in the end i think, the problem with the brown dial is that it is too brown, i would need to remove all the lume and re do it from scratch, I am ammazed that the seller sells this with a 2824 with standard lume ect for €750!

Yes, you definitely got the right hands for the project :) How do you mean by brown dial? That one looks matte black (and tasty :D ) I was meaning if the lume (and case) were to be aged a little, but I really do like it 'brand new' as it is :victory:

Thing is all the compressor type watches i have seen were on leather straps so i dont know how it would look,

The mods i would like to do with this still is make the bezel click, reprint the bezel to be a gmt and run a 2893 in it, also replace both crowns to be screw down ones

Mate, thats an awesome job !! Congrats I guess its something you threw together between stagging on!! :)

It reminds me of a few watchs I saw recently on Techtalk, it was a small company that made a few models with similar placed double crowns and other positions.

But fantastic job mate you must be very chuffed :)

Wear it well mate,

Is this the start of something? Could end up like Chris (Flav) ;) ;)

Have you got any close up photos of these TJ

Not a problem :) Just took these of it, and here's how it looked on my Tudor Sub over the summer. Very comfortable, I wore it day in, day out, wet and dry, and never had an issue with the watch getting sweaty on my wrist, or slow drainage after bathing/swimming, I can't recommend the product highly enough :)

DSCN3539.jpg

DSCN3540.jpg

DSCN3225.jpg

Thanks TJ I may just give it a try.

You're very welcome, amigo, very comfortable strap, and, even if you find it's not right for the compressor, it'll still look the mutt's on a Sub or SD :victory: And +1 for this too:

Andy - a 2893-2 powered GMT with an internal rotating 24 hour indicating bezel would be just :drool: I think that's an awesome idea!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:drinks:

Andy - a 2893-2 powered GMT with an internal rotating 24 hour indicating bezel would be just :drool: I think that's an awesome idea!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just the bezel printing that is the pain for this one i would love to do it but how to print the bezel??