When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vlydog's twin

JoJo35

..but wait! It's got the "rare" lumi dial! :)

I saw that watch the other day on VR marketplace. My question is when did Rolex start replacing tritium dials,hands and pearl with lumi as service replacements for 1680's?

I suppose someone who doesn't know better, or someone who wants and old watch that glows like a torch in the dark would be happy with this one, but it sure destroyed the value of a otherwise pretty nice watch. At least to me, It wouldn't be any more valuable than and early lumi 16610.

yeah it should be priced the same as a 1680 white in the same condition. That red replacement dial was avail from some RSC but not in the USA. Most AD's wont even admit they exist, but they do. Doesnt add anything to the watch IMHO

Either way, I still like B's watch better. Home built and didn't cost him a mint. IMO, if one was seeking a red 1680, why would a reasonable person settle for a lumi service dial (at that price) when there are plenty of tritium dialed original red 1680's out there?

Personaly i like the watch it is clean and functional and would glow (what i like), but the lumi repalcment dial ect must seriosly drop the price or am i just being reasonable.

PS are the original dial and hands for sale on VRF??????