When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All parcels from China into the EU are being checked

theflyingdutchman

Hallo,

I am expecting a parcel from a business colleague in Hong Kong (with no fakes). He sent it 4 weeks ago and it is stuck in customs since 2 weeks. I called the post office today, after asking me what is in the parcel (I said “mechanical parts”), they said:

“All parcels from China into the EU are being checked for fakes. There is a new special customs unit, due to x-mas vs. fakes.”

I asked again as my parcel is being shipped by registered airmail. And again they said:

“ALL parcels are being checked….this action will lead to a much longer delivery time.”

...but again it might only be valid for Holland?

Dutchy

Edited by theflyingdutchman

That sucks. I ordered a PVD getat (sterile) Luminor homage a couple of days ago, just to try the Panerai thing out :rolleyes:

This being my first time ordering something directly from Asia - my timing is worthless :D

But I guess the solution to my problem is easy, because he offers to ship from Russia instead, doesn't he?

• Like 1

Delivery to Holland has always been full of problems, the main reason for this is that their postal service is run by TNT.

Ken

Really, I never have had issues with registred airmail!? Only once, with DHL. Also see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11746926

Edited by theflyingdutchman

Provided I used different couriers than EMS I never had problems getting goods into Holland either, but having a national service run by a private company means targeting reps is nothing more than 'Who's paying the piper'.

Ken

Currently there are a number of EU countries that have become difficult to ship to.

The list that I know of is...

Italy

The Netherlands

France

Belgium

Spain

Germany

and of course..

Switzerland

Ken

didn't know spain had any problems.. I've gotten things with no problems here in madrid.... :pardon:

didn't know spain had any problems.. I've gotten things with no problems here in madrid.... :pardon:

Hola!

Its just that when teh customs see a package and its addressed to you plai...

#they dont even want to

open it UP to see whats inside!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

;):bleh:

George

guys, i just checked the tracking of my parcel.....it's noticed: "item dispatched to overseas" at december the 2.

Does it mean it's still in Asia, customs, or on it's way?

As i'm in one of the countrys listed by KB i'm kind of anxious....

thanks for your help.

cheers

Edited by whoever

guys, i just checked the tracking of my parcel.....it's noticed: "item dispatched to overseas" at december the 2.

Does it mean it's still in Asia, customs, or on it's way?

As i'm in one of the countrys listed by KB i'm kind of anxious....

thanks for your help.

cheers

I means on its way to where ever you live...

There is a new special customs unit, due to x-mas vs. fakes.”

Did I understand correct that at the TNT Customs hub in Amsterdam (near the airport) there is a special team this moment for checking on fakes? Do you have more info?

Did I understand correct that at the TNT Customs hub in Amsterdam (near the airport) there is a special team this moment for checking on fakes? Do you have more info?

Hi,

all I can say is this, which is what the TNT lady said: “All parcels from China into the EU are being checked for fakes. There is a new special customs unit, due to x-mas vs. fakes.” and “ALL parcels are being checked….this action will lead to a much longer delivery time.”

Dutchy

• 2 weeks later...

2 watches from me are seized by Dutch customs...first one was 1 month ago, and the second one 2 weeks ago. As it is mentioned before, all packages from China are being looked closely after and around 99% will not arrive at your home. Some of the most common rep. watch companies are now on a blacklist, especially in Holland/ NL. For example and from my eperiences, Fedex even called me and told me that my package had arrived in Paris but they could tell already that it will be seized by the Dutch customs since the sender (company) is on a black list.....So now awaiting what will happen...

Any one ( from Hollanmd) has previous experience? and anyone has an good alternative ( Andrew? Mary? Perfect Clones? etc.)

Let me know and thanks!

2 watches from me are seized by Dutch customs...first one was 1 month ago, and the second one 2 weeks ago. As it is mentioned before, all packages from China are being looked closely after and around 99% will not arrive at your home. Some of the most common rep. watch companies are now on a blacklist, especially in Holland/ NL. For example and from my eperiences, Fedex even called me and told me that my package had arrived in Paris but they could tell already that it will be seized by the Dutch customs since the sender (company) is on a black list.....So now awaiting what will happen...

Any one ( from Hollanmd) has previous experience? and anyone has an good alternative ( Andrew? Mary? Perfect Clones? etc.)

Let me know and thanks!

Sorry to hear that, but again it is well known that you should not use e.g. DHL or FEDEX to ship to Holland or even EU! ALWAYS use regsitered airmail! Which dealer was this? He should know better!

well....stupid me that I found this site after I ordered the watch...:(

I ordered them at Amatorystore.com and the keep asking for another name and address...As I keep saying to them that the package will always be seized since their company nameS are on the blacklist...No matter howw many address or names I use...:((((

They did not even know what registred mail was....so I guess I lost all my money....

does anyone know if my name and address is regitsred at the Dutch Customs? since I would like to order via the UK route but can not use another address or names...Please PM me with tips :)

United Kingdom - EU FORWARDING SERVICE... spell and repeat after me!

UK - EU - F o r w a r d i n g s e r v i c e ... simple

...thats it!!

Safe some $$? Not worth going through all that hassle -

sorry for your loss!

Go and spent the extra $ better for forwarding service and

be sure that it will make all the way to you ;)

Cheers,

George

Edited by Katerchen