When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lady Antebellum Rips Off The Alan Parsons Project

By-Tor

Lady Antebellum won an award of this song in the USA. Apparently she's some kind of country star over there. Usually that automatically means nobody has heard of her in the Europe. Sorry guys, nothing against country but... :D

But now there's some sort of small scandal developing as her hit single (the one that she received awards for) turned out to be a rip off of Alan Parsons Project's old song "Eye In the Sky". I'm sure many prog rock fans are familiar with APP. Great band, great albums like I Robot, Tales of Mystery and Imagination, Gaudi, Turn of a Friendly Card, etc.

Alan Parsons was also the guy who produced Pink Floyd's classic Dark Side of the Moon album.

Ripoff or not... well... you'll be the judge.

PS: Those Lady Antebellum band boys look gay. :D

Don't even get me started on the current state of the music industry. :thumbdown: The only issue is whether or not she paid usage rights for the song or not. If she did, than whoever owns the publishing for the APP catalog will be a very, very happy and wealthy individual.

wow...never noticed that...cool find, i agree...

love the APP...wore out the vinyl tracks of I Robot...and have Tales and Mystery on special release yellow vinyl...

ahhhhh - the good ole days...

still have my turntable connected to the stereo in the family room...always will...

R

The problem is that many songs use similar chord structures. The video is from a famous Australian musical comedy satire act who claim that most of the famous songs in the last couple of decades contain the same four chord sequence. It's hilarious :)

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I

How about Coldplay blatantly ripping off the sound of U2 whistling.gif

Yeah... that's really sad. Someone ripping off a medicore band like U2.

Sorry U2 fans. I never understood what's so great about them. There are many bands and artists that I don't personally like, like Bon Jovi, AC/DC, new Metallica, but I still understand the appeal. I totally do... but not U2. They're like Madonna to me... all commercial hype, no substance. And people buy it because they're sheep. And yes, I have all their early works til' "Pop".