When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new 177L from Hublot maker

babola

Hublot 177L

Not sure about you guys but this one isn't as 1:1 as I was hoping it to be.

The lume is an improvement, but the super-thin top sandwich, standard rep finish mov't and the not so well defined crown that's 'squeezed' to the case..still a way to go.

IMO, the 111K dial from Noob comes with the top dial with more correct thickness, when relumed it should be a better choice than the 177L dial from Hublot.

I know it's early photos etc and we haven't seen better ones posted by Angus yet but let's talk...

cheers,

b

released is the pam177L

and the 111 is the 111J

rolli

Hublot 111L

Not sure about you guys but this one isn't as 1:1 as I was hoping it to be.

The lume is an improvement, but the super-thin top sandwich, standard rep finish mov't and the not so well defined crown that's 'squeezed' to the case make me think the 'ultimate' 111 may end up being a mix of the best parts from Noob 111K and Hublot 111L.

IMO, the 111K dial from Noob comes with the top dial with more correct thickness, when relumed it should be a better choice than the 111L dial from Hublot.

I know it's early photos etc and we haven't seen better ones posted by Angus yet but let's talk...

cheers,

b

is the maker of the latest 111 the maker of this 177?

the 111 is better than this 177 in many areas

#1 different movement installed in each.

however this item is less then dial/crystal/movement/CG/crown if sourced separately!

it is a buy, just not as is for the seasoned WIS collector

Different makers, mate. I don't believe 111 is much better than 177 as you pointed out, as there are different flaws on each.

111 lacks good dial lume and better A/R, but comes with the CG of a slightly larger radius closer to gen, as a result the crown sits at the correct distance from the case. Some would argue that the mov't on the 111 is also slightly closer to the gen look and feel.

On the other hand the 177 seem to lack the depth of the top 'sandwich' plate (in lieu of a proper review) but comes with gen-like lume and gen-like A/R. The CG could be better but than again, this is a ~$240 watch, just like the 111J. I don't think we should be this critical as these are by far the nicest and closest 111/177 sandwich dial Pam reps ever made in GZ.

We just need to remember that 'Little Hero' was only recently asking $220 for his CG alone!

And that CG needed some work on it to make it fit properly as well as no rubber lever pin insert.

I'll most likely get both and combine/swap some pieces between them. The 111J dial is crying for a nice re-lume job though. :)

cheers,

b

+1 on value and looks. Overall I like these not just as watches but as a parts source :)

I thought the jury was still out on the CG size based on pics angles etc? However if the problem was solely the gap in the CG wouldnt slightly rubbing down (fractionally) the lever end solve the gap issue of the crown as these are SL arent they? Or replacing with a deeper dish version?

Hopefully the shadowing on the dial will prove to be just that and the top plate wont be as bad as it seems ;) I havent seen good enough pics yet have you D?

It will be good to get these in the hand especially the cases as again pics seem to vary on the lugs and case edge sharpness etc.

Considering the effort made on these new reps I am surprised the 111 lume is as bad as it is but I reckon this might be quickly picked up on a revised version

I thought the jury was still out on the CG size based on pics angles etc? However if the problem was solely the gap in the CG wouldnt slightly rubbing down (fractionally) the lever end solve the gap issue of the crown as these are SL arent they? Or replacing with a deeper dish version?

I believe the CG is shorter in radius, but that's just me mate and you know how I get sometimes :).

The problem with shortening the lever is that the roller at the tip would present a little challenge to most. To make it thinner you'll have to remove it from the axle and mount it on some kind of rotary tool to shave some extra metal off and get the right evenness of finish. There are however some rollers that come on levers from Noob factory that are simply stuck, i.e. they don't revolve at all. Thinning this type of roller would be much easier, of course.

Hopefully the shadowing on the dial will prove to be just that and the top plate wont be as bad as it seems ;) I havent seen good enough pics yet have you D?

I've also just seen the photos only so far, as everyone else at this stage. So these are just speculations and educated guesses that should be taken with a grain of salt. What we need is a proper review to be able to state this with greater certainty. So far the photos show thinner top plate but that coul dbe also due to thickness of the lumed numerals and indices on the bottom plate, especially if they're slightly raised in the middle like on the sausage lumed dials.

Just in closing, even with all these potential flaws and inaccuracies these reps represent a great bang for buck, and I agree with most of the folk here on that.

We only have to go back 3-4 years ago when 111H from Eddie Lee would have set you back $359, or slightly less if you were one of his returning customers. And this "the best 111H version, sunshine" (in EL's own words ;)) would come with incorrect dial cutouts and dial text, almost no lume at all, recessed cannon pin, dinky slim crown, incorrect CG, incorrect caseback with fixed H0035 serial, blue in your face A/R...the list goes on. The only saving grace was the ETA6497 mov't, but with very rough finish.

Guys - Buy it, wear it, mod it and enjoy it...:)