When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's excited to see Tron Legacy?

redwatch

I was in high school...I remember watching the original Tron ...and I was blown away by the concept and visuals of the movie....then I saved money all year to buy an Apple IIe computer to mess with....

today, watching the original Tron looks like crap :lol: ...hopefully the sequel does it justice!

Excited yes. I had the stand up arcade game in my basement for about 5 years.

With the exception of Avatar I have come to HATE, HATE, HATE 3D Movies. Largely do to the post-production, gimmick, charge extra at the box office bull $hit.

However, I have high hopes for Tron as a 3d movie, as the source material makes it the perfect candidate. :thumbsupsmileyanim: (But honestely, it will probably be the last 3D movie I pay for, I simply find the format distracting and a gimmick.)

(But honestely, it will probably be the last 3D movie I pay for, I simply find the format distracting and a gimmick.)

It's because, aside from Avatar, most 3D movies were never actually shot in 3D. It's all done in post and it's really, really obvious. I wear glasses, so I really hate 3D movies. The only movies I have seen in 3D where the goggles didn't kill my nose was in an IMAX theater which uses a totally different 3D lens technology.

The worst one was at a theater where the goggles used a battery to power the polarization of the lenses. They were ridiculously heavy and both myself and my fiancee had to keep taking off the glasses to give our nose a break. Really sucked!! :thumbdown: Now we try and find a theater that is playing the non-3D version of the movie.

I'm still not convinced by this, I really wish I was pumped by this as I like DP alot and VG's were a large part of my youth, and though I saw the original I thought it was a bit dull, though I though the same when i saw Bladerunner teh first time , ( I was 11) and i love that film and have seen it 10 + times. Be keen to hear what you think of it and if its suitable for a 7 year old?

I love the Tron concept. I remember after seeing Tron writing programs/games on my Commodore 64 to play "Light Cycles". Granted it was little more than a simple Sprite "Snake" collision game. But it inspired me none the less.

I also felt similar to you @stormtrooper4 about Blade Runner, the first time I saw it was the 'narrated' version. Yuk. Now the final version, and the BluRay re-master is incredible and I have seen it about 5 times.

Also looking forward to this one. It is always difficult to go back and watch movies from the past that relied heavily on special effects to convey the image of the film. The only exception to this I can think of is the Star Wars franchise. Anyway, at the time Tron was an amazing movie and I loved it. I still watch the DVD from time to time with my son (who is 3) and he likes it too. So I am anxious to see what they have done with it...I hope it is not a disappointment. Adds look great!