When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS tracking and US customs

tonyp1

Lots of prob's creeping in at the moment.

Slow postage from China is because of a large police presence in Gaungzhou due to the Asian Games and the follow on Handicap Games.

The prob's in the EU is simply different countries clamping down harder on replica's.

This is after all an illegal hobby and buyers need to be aware that there will be times when the going gets hard for sellers.

Ken

Ditto.

Everything is slow right now. I have some genuine Rolex stuff coming in from France, and the French Post are saying that everything to the USA is delayed by 3-5 days because of the increased scrutiny by US Security. Everything is getting X-rayed before it gets put on a plane. We can thank our little Middle East Toner Cartridge bombers for this mess. Also I was told by some folks in OZ that sell Cigars to members around the world, if a package is over 16 oz (one pound) or 500 grams, they will not ship it as freight on passenger planes, has to go air cargo. All of this scrutiny is paying unexpected dividends for the customs folks. Last week they confiscated 10,000 Cuban Cigars at O'Hare in Chicago!! These weren't in one big shipment, they were all in small shipments of one or two boxes to individuals. Now all the Cigar stores in Europe and around the world are running scared because of this increased scrutiny. Problem is with computer databases, once shippers and recipients get into the Customs database, they will be even more closely watched.Didn't mean to digress, but that's what's happening. add in the Christmas rush, postal strikes in Europe, lots of snow and ice in the EU as parts of the USA, and it all adds up to big delays.

I ordered a folded link bracelet from Mary on November 2nd. I picked it up at the Post office today, December 17th. Around 45 days for a package that normally takes around 10 days to 2 weeks.

Your item left GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP on December 09, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, December 09, 2010, 1:23 am, GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Bullet Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Bullet Foreign Acceptance, December 08, 2010, 6:25 pm

My parcel has been waiting to clear customs since probably the 12th...

NOW THIS

30,000 Cuban cigars seized at O’Hare

Officials said the recent seizures were the largest they’d seen at O’Hare. The spike follows a change in policy that moved many small cargo parcels off of passenger planes and onto cargo jets. The result has been an increase in European mail arriving on cargo aircraft to Chicago,

“Our officers stationed at CBP mail facilities routinely discover and seize a variety of contraband arriving from all over the world,

My watches are all going through O'hare. So for me this most likely means $800 down the drain and most likely a nasty letter from both customs and rolex..

10 days with no updates from ems. Last known was on the the 8th of this month.

I was searching the net last night and discovered that O'hare over the last 3 weeks has been seizing all manner of parcels. Basically their taking advantage of the new anti terrorism laws. Anything coming from china gets alot of attention. In the past weeks they've confiscated 1.2m in counterfeit electronics, 65000 dvds, 100,000 Cuban cigars and countless counterfeit bags ect. This marks a change from primary drug related enforcement of the past. Point is O'hare is becoming if not already is a bad area for reps to pass through.

Edited by tonyp1

Ouch. that sucks. I hope things get better after the holidays. I try and hold off ordering things around the holidays because they step up enforcement.

I'm not sure it will get better after the holidays. It may be worse! less packages, more time to examine them even closer. Another thing, I believe what has happened at O'Hare is a wake up call to the Customs higher ups. What they must be thinking is " we've been sitting on our asses at these airports and all sorts of counterfeit stuff has been pouring through, right under our noses". They know the stuff has been getting through, because it's everywhere, now they know how it's been getting in. I'm happy that I've got enough reps to keep my itch scratched for a good long time. Anything else I want, I'll just have to wait until it comes up for sale on the Sales forum, or save my pennies and buy genuine.

This is disastrous for me as I have 3 watches $800 in limbo right now that have to pass through o'hare. I dont know why the vendor didnt warn me to use euro shipping. This makes 8 days my parcel has set unclaimed by customs. It just dropped off the planet. Ive never had a parcel drop off ems for even close to that amount to time. Its always either in transit or being held or released by customs.

Class: Express Mail International®

Your item left GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP on December 09, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, December 09, 2010, 1:23 am, GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP

I just received an EMS package yesterday from Hong Kong, and it is quite large and heavy. It took 4 or 5 days in total and arrived through a NY State airport/Customs station.

The holiday season .nor the increased screening / enforcement of "heavy boxes" rumors mentioned here frequently did not seem to slow it down at all.

"Just ordered a bracelet (which is going to be a catch and release) and a watch from Andrew 8 days ago. Arrived today (US), no problems at all."

I just received an EMS package yesterday from Hong Kong, and it is quite large and heavy. It took 4 or 5 days in total and arrived through a NY State airport/Customs station.

The holiday season .nor the increased screening / enforcement of "heavy boxes" rumors mentioned here frequently did not seem to slow it down at all.

It must the difference between having a parcel go through NY state airport or say LAX as far as customs at this point. I now have three parcels that left china according to ems on the 8th one on the 9th. No more ems updates. Those parcels most likely made to Chicago by the 10th. Customs just must being sitting on them. Although it doesn't show that customs has accepted them on the tracking system. Again Ive never had a parcel drop off the tracking system let alone 3!

Reading this with interest as I'm thinking of ordering a few inexpensive watches from watcheden and I live in Chicago. Not good.

tonyp1, I hope your stuff arrives to you soon.

If I decide to order from watcheden I will tell Tony about customs in Chicago and ask him for advice best way to ship to me, I'll report back here.

Reading this with interest as I'm thinking of ordering a few inexpensive watches from watcheden and I live in Chicago. Not good.

tonyp1, I hope your stuff arrives to you soon.

If I decide to order from watcheden I will tell Tony about customs in Chicago and ask him for advice best way to ship to me, I'll report back here.

Looks like one parcel was sent to LAX and one to O'Hare. So theres some hope that more than one will pass through.

Your message left at 2010-12-09 01:23:00 processing center in Guangzhou.

Mail processing time to place the state

2010-12-08 18:25:00 acceptance shipment monitoring center in Guangzhou Express

2010-12-08 18:52:00 Guangzhou express courier to leave the treatment center monitoring center, sent to the Guangzhou City

2010-12-08 21:31:00 Treatment Centre, Guangzhou, arrived from Guangzhou express shipment monitoring center

2010-12-08 22:31:00 submitted to Customs in Guangzhou

2010-12-09 00:53:00 Guangzhou Customs clearance

2010-12-09 01:23:00 leave the treatment center in Guangzhou, sent to Chicago

At 2010-12-19 00:31:00 your mail processing center in Guangzhou to leave.

2010-12-16 16:25:00 acceptance shipment monitoring center in Guangzhou Express

2010-12-16 17:09:00 Guangzhou express courier to leave the treatment center monitoring center, sent to the Guangzhou City

2010-12-16 21:15:00 Treatment Centre, Guangzhou, arrived from Guangzhou express shipment monitoring center

2010-12-16 22:15:00 submitted to Customs in Guangzhou

2010-12-19 00:01:00 Guangzhou Customs clearance

2010-12-19 00:31:00 leave the treatment center in Guangzhou, sent to Los Angeles

Your message was sent to Guangzhou Customs 2010-12-18 23:16:00

2010-12-18 16:59:00 acceptance shipment monitoring center in Guangzhou Express

2010-12-18 19:31:00 Guangzhou express courier to leave the treatment center monitoring center, sent to the Guangzhou City

2010-12-18 22:16:00 Treatment Centre, Guangzhou, arrived from Guangzhou express shipment monitoring center

2010-12-18 23:16:00 submitted to Customs in Gua

his ime of year, i wouldn't worry too much about not getting tracking updates. ihave had several packages sent EMS not only from Chima, but from EU countries, and EMS tracking never got past the initial "Acceptance" message. they USPS is notoriously bad about not scanning parcels as they move through the system. Unless they are seized by cuasoms, you should be in good shape.

As far as using FedEx or UPS for shipping, i would be afraid of them. they both use their own cusoms clearance, and they do scan every package as well as x-raying them before shipping. If you list the item wrong they may open the package and inspect it. Your watch will be confiscated or you may get a bill for customs duty based on the retail price of the genuine watch! Even dealing with genuiine watches, most buyers don't want you to use FedEX for overseas delivery as it's almost impossible to get a watch through FedEX customs clearance at a declared value of say 100.00 USD for a 3k watch.

Get your package yet Tony? Mine left the same day as yours and also needs to come through O'Hare. I have ZERO update thus far.

Zero updates LOL. Im beginning to wonder if they lost the parcel.

Class: Express Mail International®

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

I am pretty sure your package and mine were supposed to be on the same flight. Just got off the phone with USPS, gave them the tracking number, they gave me the same update that I could already see from the website, and I asked if there were known issues with these China packages and the woman pulled up some type of notice about big delays on shipments coming from China. I know we already knew this, but it still pisses me off that people ordering after me are getting their stuff real fast.