When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BR03 Type Aviation

chefcook

Yes... i think cannon pin cap is a tell. SMIDSY on RWI suggested that both versions (cap and no-cap) are being produced but I wasn't able to find any GEN photo with no silver cap. Look at these:

GENS:

P1030208.jpg

product_3822_313_56_54.jpg

This one is with dark cap BUT it is DEMONSTRATION UNIT with paper LCD inserts etc.:

bellross-br03-88-bracelet-02.jpg

I wasn't able to find a GEN pics with dark cannon pin cap except this demonstration unit (which is no real watch anyway).

Edited by PolonusTM

I really like how people in this thread are complaining about the font on the digital display being off and that the watch is wayyyyyyyyy to expensive because it is quartz and gshocks have anadigi displays for 15 bucks. Great thinking!

The Movement in this rep seems to be the real ETA that is used in several Breitlings and the gen B&R. They should probably be priced in the 200-300 USD range too, huh?

Now if the rest is replicated well, how is this any worse than 800 and 500 USD Hublot reps with Asian 7750s? They probably cost less to make than what the ETA ana-digi movement is worth.

If the box was complete with tools and straps and not just papertrash just like the papers and whatever else they include I wouldnt even mind. I would have liked the option to get the watch without that stuff for maybe 100 usd less.

However on Joshs site it says screw down crown (which would be completely stupid and wrong) and theres no word on wether the dial is lumed or not. If it really was a "Perfect 1 : 1 Copy . 100% Replica in Looks and Functions." I'd get it.

Edited by Tom Hawkes

Well as I said he sells the watch without the boxset for 30 USD less.

As for the movement: Im sure no one has replicated that ETA movement, so I guess they have gotten their hands on some ETAs. B&R dont change anything on their ETA movements so it has to have the same functions. This might also play a part in the high price. If they only have like 50 of those movements they will set the price for the watch higher.

I would really like some better quality pictures though. Since he has refused to send me any, can maybe one of the members who has good relations to joshua ask for some pictures? I never bought from him.

I bought the watch from Joshua. For the price and normal shippment (EMS) costs - Joshua sent it in two (2) separate EMS, one for watch and, one day later, the box. Box is expected on Monday so I skipped the box part at all since SMIDSY/RWI did it already.

The watch is perfect. Swiss ETA 988.333 inside. Everything from B&R page about this watch is correct in case of settings etc.

There are two type of crown rotation needed to set some function: slow and fast turn. Fast turn is really FAAAST, you need to turn as fast as you can, literally.

Now to the pictures (sorry for the visible dust particles...sunny day):

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

The crown has some resin layer on it, tried to show it:

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

On this picture I did my best to get worst glare from the window on the crystal - surpisinlgy LCD remained clearly visible due to birefringence, I guess...

11.jpg

To compare sizes, PAM 288 on the left:

12.jpg

The LCD readability is quite subtle, but I like it - it doesn't "fight" with the dial and hands ;)

Alarm signal is two-tone and quite nice. Minute hand moves every 30 seconds.

Since Joshua sent the box to me using ANOTHER EMS without any additional costs of shippment, seems like $30 is just the price for not sending the box at all ;) So it is always box in price included, I guess ;)

Edited by PolonusTM

http://www.glooks.com/watches/watch_detail.asp?pid=T34.7.487.62&brandname=Tissot&cat=watch - gen Tissot with the same movement for under $400. Just wait till the dealers come to their senses and drop the price to a more reasonable level, there's absolutely no need to pay $600 for a chinese rep when you can get a swiss gen for $250 less.

PS: isn't "jos" pronounced as "hose?" You're definitely getting hosed by that guy ;)

Edited by borz

Theres also no need to pay 2000 or 3000 Euros for a gen BR or Breitling or whatever with the same movement if you argue like that. There is also no reason to pay 1000 Euros for a supermodded Panerai let alone a gen if you can have a gen Unitas watch for 130 Euros.

However I wont complain if I can get that rep BR for less. :D

In case of Breitling or BR you're paying for the name, warranty and quality. In this case, you're paying $600 for a chinese watch of much poorer quality than the $350 Tissot. Reps are fine as long as unmodded ones are priced at the same level as a similar Invicta or some other lower-quality brand, but a poorly made, unreliable chinese reps costing more than entry-level quality Swiss brands is beyond ridiculous. Once again, you're getting ripped off. Don't order it, and in a month or two Hose&Co will drop the price to $250.

Sorry, but I fail to see how this watch is of such poor quality. I haven't seen a poor review of it, and the engine driving it is the same as the gen. :g: Sorry, but I think its a fantastic offering and I hope they offer a PVD version of it sometime down the road.

Congrats to Polonus on the great pick up! It's looking great! Thank you for the detailed pics! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I really like how people in this thread are complaining about the font on the digital display being off and that the watch is wayyyyyyyyy to expensive because it is quartz and gshocks have anadigi displays for 15 bucks. Great thinking!

The Movement in this rep seems to be the real ETA that is used in several Breitlings and the gen B&R. They should probably be priced in the 200-300 USD range too, huh?

Now if the rest is replicated well, how is this any worse than 800 and 500 USD Hublot reps with Asian 7750s? They probably cost less to make than what the ETA ana-digi movement is worth.

If the box was complete with tools and straps and not just papertrash just like the papers and whatever else they include I wouldnt even mind. I would have liked the option to get the watch without that stuff for maybe 100 usd less.

However on Joshs site it says screw down crown (which would be completely stupid and wrong) and theres no word on wether the dial is lumed or not. If it really was a "Perfect 1 : 1 Copy . 100% Replica in Looks and Functions." I'd get it.

For a guy with a unibrow and a fine set of teef, :yu: my friend are one brilliant MF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...