When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

just received pix of the new 177L...

hackR

just received some QC pix from Josh...

a few minor cosmetic issues (mark on the seconds hand, slightly recessed cg pin, cg lever ever so slightly not flush with the cg edge)

the fit/finish of all components and assembly is terrific, IMO...

verdict: all in all, a nice looking piece...well done... :good:

definitely worth buying...

enjoy -- R

just received some QC pix from Josh...

a few minor cosmetic issues (mark on the seconds hand, slightly recessed cg pin, cg lever ever so slightly not flush with the cg edge)

the fit/finish of all components and assembly is terrific, IMO...

verdict: all in all, a nice looking piece...well done... :good:

definitely worth buying...

enjoy -- R

I am also waiting for the QC pictures to come "today" from Josh ? :D

Can You pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease post thoose QC pictures :whistling:

I want to know how come D refers to your crown !!???!! Did you post pics and remove them ?? Or is D not only a PAM expert but also a clairvoyant ?? ;)

Post some pics Rob you tease !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am not sure why people keep referring to LH in respect of the 177, LH never made one !!!

And one thing I doubt the factories will ever achieve unlike LH is the quality of his modded movements. LH did a lot of work to his 6497s from scratch which makes them the closest thing to gen that you can get and I reckon ever will. I am not just talking about the plates or incabloc but also the teething of the wheels the sunburst finish. [polishing etc etc.

In addition you need to put LHs prices into context all his parts were created or modded by him in small numbers not factory production. He was a modder and when you consider prices for the supply and modding of watches by well known modders, LHs prices are not so ridiculous. They are high but the overall product was and is unrivalled by anyone else.

LH produced a limited number of watches of only 5 PAM models.

LH models are still an attractive option and a true piece of rep history, and shouldnt be so easily dismissed against the new 111 as this is the only model he made of the latest batch of PAMs though again it was an i series which I am sure most of you guys realise is a different proposition to the J and I dont just mean the CG and crown!! ;)

I want to know how come D refers to your crown !!???!! Did you post pics and remove them ?? Or is D not only a PAM expert but also a clairvoyant ?? ;)

I guess you can call me a clairvoyant as I could 'sense' that my mate Pete will come up with this kind of response.

OP posted his QC photos for a short while before removing them ...;)

and so the myth that is D is broken !!.....;)

How much better was the crown out of interest and why do you think from the pics you saw?? CG size??

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

How much better was the crown out of interest and why do you think from the pics you saw?? CG size??

Not by much but the gap was there, clearly visible from one of the photos. I'm sure that if you ask the OP nicely he should be able to send you a pic or two ^_^

IMO that was an anomaly as 99% of the 177L QC photos I've seen so far have the crown pushed tight to the case.

Sorry, don't see the appeal of LH watches, overpriced and using stickers on the (Asian) movement for $1000+?, and still having flaws that require correction, no thanks ;)

This watch or the other 111, is a total no brainer, at only $180+ :)

Someone suggested it shot up to $1300, actually. :blink:

IMO the only bits worth salvaging from his watches would be the the mov't with slightly nicer and closer to gen finish, as well as the caseback and CG with non-roller lever. And that CG still requires modding and extra work to fit most of the cases.

I see he dropped a price for his CG to $65 now, if what Supremej stated in his 112 post is anything to go by...only few weeks ago he was asking ~$220 <_<

Post some pics Rob you tease !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am not sure why people keep referring to LH in respect of the 177, LH never made one !!!

And one thing I doubt the factories will ever achieve unlike LH is the quality of his modded movements. LH did a lot of work to his 6497s from scratch which makes them the closest thing to gen that you can get and I reckon ever will. I am not just talking about the plates or incabloc but also the teething of the wheels the sunburst finish. [polishing etc etc.

In addition you need to put LHs prices into context all his parts were created or modded by him in small numbers not factory production. He was a modder and when you consider prices for the supply and modding of watches by well known modders, LHs prices are not so ridiculous. They are high but the overall product was and is unrivalled by anyone else.

The dealers do NOT want You to post the QC-pictures on the forums, at least Perfect clones ! :mellow:

I got a meassage that told me to NOT post my QC-pictures of my Pam 177L ! :whistling:

So I think HackR took them away because of that reason :whistling:

My QC-pictures of the pam 177L was very nice but the crown was to nerar the case!

LH produced a limited number of watches of only 5 PAM models.

LH models are still an attractive option and a true piece of rep history, and shouldnt be so easily dismissed against the new 111 as this is the only model he made of the latest batch of PAMs though again it was an i series which I am sure most of you guys realise is a different proposition to the J and I dont just mean the CG and crown!! ;)

sorry for the lack of explanation guys regarding the removal of the pix...

klock was correct - i was asked to remove them...

the pix showed that the crown was slightly away from the case...i asked for another watch - due to a blemish on the second hand - and the second one's crown appears to be slightly closer to the case...both watch levers seem to not be flush with the outer edge of the cg (ever so slightly closer to the case)....which makes me believe that with an o-ring and/or minor adjustment to the crown and/or stem, that you can easily move it slightly away from the case -- and that it would actually align the lever better with the outer edge of the cg...either way, it's not that noticeable to me - remember, these are macro pix...

i posted the pix because i really see the quality and value in this piece...the fit/finish is outstanding...and then when you factor in the mods (high cp, superlume, thick crown, nice cg and case, colorless ar) its gotta be one of THE BEST value pieces out there...

the only way to get one that's perfect is to buy the gen...yes - its not perfect to the gen...but it's damn close, IMO...especially from the top side view...

R-

Thanks Rob :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I guess the point I was trying to make was lost or I didnt do a good job of writing it.

The issue of the Oring being a solution is still out, it worked to a degree (in the opposite way) with the DLs though other modifications were needed to fully resolve it but the issue from points picked up by members that know could be the cutout in the CG being undersized. It could also be that as a result of the location of the lever pin hole relative to the CG pin hole from your watch Rob or the gromet fitted inside it. Putting a larger Oring might also over strain the stem as it did in the DLs as Zig pointed out.

The CG you refer to D is LHs lesser version, he has done a few. He currently has 2 versions available.

and assuming your not talking about the pin mod D in terms of refinishing ( though all the ones I have had have been firm): LH does not complete his CGs unless asked, most notably the end of the lever against the crown. If you ask he will polish brush flush recess etc etc